Things to do in Orlando with only a couple days?

BB

Experienced Member
I'm heading out on an unexpected business trip at the last second to Orlando Florida and getting to take my wife with me for free. We'll be in Orlando for only this Friday + part of the weekend and will probably have around 2 half days and 1 full day to see attractions there.

Having never been to Orlando, I was wondering if some of you could give me your thoughts on what would be the most fun and/or memorable things to do there with such limited time. We are open to almost anything and have never been to Disneyland or DisneyWorld, etc. Any thoughts?

I took my family to Disney three years ago and we went to Universal Studios Orlando a few months ago. While we were there we also did the Wet N Wild waterpark and Sea World.

It does depend on what you really like to do. If you like sit down shows, there are several good ones at Sea World. But as theme parks go, Universal is the best in my opinion. Universal actually has two parks right next to each other, one is called Islands of Adventure and the other is just Universal theme park. They both have pretty good rides but I would give the edge to IOA. The Hulk roller coaster is a blast and the Spiderman 3-D ride is AMAZING. I would say The Mummy roller coaster is the best in Univ. Studios.

If you do go to Univ, be sure to get 'front of the line' access. There are two lines to every ride, one waits around 45 min, the other waits about 10 min. We stayed on site in the Hard Rock hotel that we automatically got that pass. You can pay extra to get it.

Here's a great forum to learn from before you go: http://www.disboards.com/

Good luck

Back