These mini-NSXes (MKII MR2) are RELIABLE!

NSX/MR2

Suspended
These mini-NSXes (MKII MR2's) are RELIABLE!

Unbelievable, these things regularly passed 150,000 miles and go on to 200,000, then some. The amazing thing is a few of those are turboed, too. This car shares so much in common with the NSX: reliability, mid-engined 2 seater, Japanese, good look, good handling, fast (then faster with easy mods for the MR2.) But also, very unforgiving when a mistake is made at the max. performance envelope. Also, if you don't know what you are doing, this is a very dangerous first car to own. However, this topic is about reliability, then these things are WOW! I am so glad that I own 3 set of these cars in combination, 1 of each at every one time.

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16824

Last edited:
you have to registar to see the thread. Maybe you can copy & paste? :confused:

Currently shopping for a MR2T. Looking for the right one... ideally under 80K miles, Black, bone stock, $9-10K.

The metallic silver '91 that i had. I upgraded its look by buying the '94 one-piece spoiler, as opposed to the three-piece of the 91-93. Then I bought the '94 tail-lights, which look like Ferrari's. The car turned out to be awesome with some weight saving techniques, too. Spend some money doing that when you get the car. It will be worth it!

I had a '91 MR2 and it was a blast. Quick, handled great and very reliable. I always thought of it as a "mini NSX" and told myself when I sold it (to buy my house) that someday I'd own a real NSX!

NO1ZX6R said:
I had a '91 MR2 and it was a blast. Quick, handled great and very reliable. I always thought of it as a "mini NSX" and told myself when I sold it (to buy my house) that someday I'd own a real NSX!

Have both, then turn them into truly monsters at the drag strip or at the track.

Back