ThermalWeld - anyone used?

Anyone tried this stuff? My Saab 9000 Turbo winter beater blew a head gasket, I was just going to junk it because I'm not throwing $900 at it to fix the gasket. However I came across this ThermalWeld crap, a newsgroup search just turned up a bunch of spammers promoting the company. There are no "Authorized ThermalWeld" mechanics in my area, but they offered to send me the chemical for $150 and said my local mechanic could put the junk in. They claim a 90%+ rate of fixing head gasket leaks. If I could fix it for under $200, I'd like to keep the car, it's really not a bad car.

Hmm, I don't have any experience with it, I just wanted to point out their website claims they will reimburse you if it fails to fix your gasket leak, or if it fails within the warranty period.

I get really nervous about putting mystery chemicals into a car's fluid systems, but since it's a beater...:)

be sure to post a follow up if you try it.

it seems they'll reimburse you if you use one of their qualified mechanics. if i just order the chemical, and have a local mechanic do it, im apparently on my own. otherwise it would be a no brainer :)

since you were gonna junk it anyways i'd do it just to see what happens haha

ofcourse its $150 =/

Back