The Village

Wow. I saw that movie last night and I was really impressed by it!!! Great movie, Great storyline, Great ending!! Typical of M. Night [won't even attempt to spell the last name].

I kinda had the movie figured out, but he just is too twisted for me and shocked the hell out of me! And, ya, I figured out the sixth sense about 40 minutes into it, so he's gotten better and beat me this time! :)

GO SEE IT!

Yes its an amazing movie! Did you notice M. Knight was in the movie?

Last edited:
so.. is that a movie that really have to hide the story line in order to make it "good"??

If not, anyone mind telling me what's it about??

The reason I liked to know about the movie story before I watch it is that I'm very believed in stuff that if they are good, doesn't matter how many times you do/watch it... or even if you know what kind of surprises you r getting, you still want to go back for more.... (like driving the nsx on track :) )

m. night's movies has always been with the SAME formulas. when i first saw 'sixth sense' i was truly impressed with the sudden turn in storyline. the way he can make you believe you're understanding the story until a pivotal point where you realize you need to re-look at the whole story and realize it was something totally different...

it was great in sixth sense (cuz it was one of the first of its kind), then kind of became repatitive during 'unbreakable'... and then during 'signs' it was solidified that there was GOING to be a change in plot about the last 5-10 minutes of the movie...

and now, going to watch 'the village'... i began to conjure up wild endings to the story, which one of my conclusions ended up being it.... i gotta say, its a great movie... but m night's "UNPREDICTABLE" ending formulas are sort of BECOMING 'predictable' now... :(

and yes, m. night makes a cameo in each of his movies... he can be found in each one. but his role in the village was probably the most vague appearance yet...

M knight? :confused:
Any relation to <A HREF="http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5477">B Knight</A>??? :D

<B>JDMnsxR</B> : i hear what you're saying. It's a bit like X-Files; they used to have unpredictable endings which ironically made them predictable.

DeNguyen said:
Maybe its just not my type of movie, but I thought it was horrible.

Im the same way. I mean it was kind of a tricky ending, but the first 1hr or more was just boring fluff. they made it out to be scary but it wasnt really at all. overall wasnt THAT bad of a movie, but i would rather have my $8.50 back:)

Until now, I have heard nothing but bad things about the Village. I am tempted to wait for it to come out on DVD as well.

Back