The Unofficial 'Owner's of NSXs' Thread

It appears there are a lot of people like me who get a little frustrated (mildly embarrassed) by forgetting the names of NSX owners we meet. Having not come across a thread like this one, I decided to start the unofficial "Owners of NSXs" posting.

Here's my suggestion:
1. Post a photo of you next to your NSX along with your name (first name only is fine)
2. Option #1: Indicate where the picture was taken and when
3. Option #2: Share a brief comment about yourself or anything you care to say

I get to go first...

IMG_1976.jpg

photo courtesy of Jerry (thanks Jerry)

I'm Steve VamVaketis, a native New Yorker and resident of So Cal for the past 41 years. This photo was taken last night, June 4, 2009 at the So Cal monthly NSX gathering at South Coast Acura, Costa Mesa. I bought my NSX in September 2008.

I was recently appointed the position of Southwest Regional Rep for the NSXCA. My purpose is to support, plan, and coordinate NSX events here and throughout the 7 western states I oversee. Double woo-hoo! Having also joined the team supporting the 2010 NSXPO bid for Las Vegas, I will be leading marketing and PR for that 5-day event. Next, I'd like to plan a local road trip followed by a car show type event or something like that.

Lastly, I continue to be impressed by the caliber of people I have met by attending car events. NSX and other sports car owners and their friends and spouses are a great group.

PS. I initially posted this thread under the picture and video gallery folder. I think this is a better spot for it for us So Cal NSX locals.

Well, this thread is going over like a case of swine flu. Guess everyone wants to maintain a degree of anonymity. As Vincent Vega said in Pulp Fiction, "That's cool."

Hey Steve! Well I am feeling a little sorry that no one would add a pic to this thread so here goes.

CIMG3725.JPG

My name is Dennis and I am 6'3" 220# so that is why they call me Big D not because of the size of my manhood...LOL

Anyway, I bought my car from a fellow prime member from the Denver area back in July '06. After about a year I bought some stocker chromies to put on my car for Palomar mountain runs so I could fully appreciate the handling of this magnificent automobile. It amazed me how much improvement I immediately noticed with the acceleration and handling. It just proves to me how heavy the Volk GTC's really are. This pic was taken just prior to the last palomar run I attended.

Hey Steve! Well I am feeling a little sorry that no one would add a pic to this thread so here goes.

CIMG3725.JPG

My name is Dennis and I am 6'3" 220# so that is why they call me Big D not because of the size of my manhood...LOL

Anyway, I bought my car from a fellow prime member from the Denver area back in July '06. After about a year I bought some stocker chromies to put on my car for Palomar mountain runs so I could fully appreciate the handling of this magnificent automobile. It amazed me how much improvement I immediately noticed with the acceleration and handling. It just proves to me how heavy the Volk GTC's really are. This pic was taken just prior to the last palomar run I attended.

Thanks Dennis. Nice picture. It's funny. Sometimes I think I am a pretty good judge of human nature. Every now and then, I am reminded of the limits of what I think I know. At least in this case, it's a simple and minor matter.

So, where have you been hiding lately?

opps for sol cal people I didnt see that part till now

Attachments

• l_2497509adf1a4c8881522c44469e68af.jpg
    l_2497509adf1a4c8881522c44469e68af.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Thanks Dennis. Nice picture. It's funny. Sometimes I think I am a pretty good judge of human nature. Every now and then, I am reminded of the limits of what I think I know. At least in this case, it's a simple and minor matter.

So, where have you been hiding lately?

I have been working in the San Fernando Valley and only getting home on the weekends so that doesn't allow me much time to take the car out for meets & greets. Hopefully soon I will land a job closer to home which would be great since I could drive it to work now and then.

BTW....Congrats on becoming the NSXCA SW Region Representative. :cool:

opps for sol cal people I didnt see that part till now

Any and all who reply are welcome, of course. By the looks of those trees, etc., I'd say you're somewhere in the midwest or east coast. Nice silver with good choice of wheels!

I have been working in the San Fernando Valley and only getting home on the weekends so that doesn't allow me much time to take the car out for meets & greets. Hopefully soon I will land a job closer to home which would be great since I could drive it to work now and then.

BTW....Congrats on becoming the NSXCA SW Region Representative. :cool:

Thanks, Dennis. Even if you don't drive your NSX much these days, I still come across your posts as you lurk the Prime site. Keep on lurking!

good eye I live in PA and I didnt pick the rims they came with the car but I love them and they will be staying on the car for as long as I have it:cool:

Dennis, is that an updated photo? I thought you have different shoes on your beauty.

Dennis, is that an updated photo? I thought you have different shoes on your beauty.

Well its a couple of years old, but yes I have Volk GTCs as shown in my avitar... unless I am on a Palomar Run I put on the stockers.

Well, since I washed my blue hottie car yesterday, I went out in the driveway and took some photos for this thread...

IMG_4362PK_NSX7_29_09.jpg

IMG_4367PK_NSX7_29_09.jpg

As my signature says, I'm Patricia. I'm a So Cal native (grew up in North Hollywood) and moved from Acton, in Los Angeles County to Orange County a little over a year ago. My dad had a 1991 red NSX and I always drooled over it when he'd come over. Never really thought about getting one myself, until this year. I've been an S2000 lover since I got my first one in March 2001, and was working on a third one, when I decided I just couldn't get excited about another one. Saw an NSX on the freeway and the lightbulb came on. "Ah ha!", I thought, "Now that's a car I can get excited about!" A friend on S2ki.com posted a link to this car when it was for sale on Prime, and I was hooked. I bought it in Chicago in March, and had it shipped to So Cal. Can you tell I love it? My '05 S2000 is getting a little jealous, but I still love it, too.

Last edited:
Not sure if you ever saw this, but the objective of your thread was already done here :http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101039 (albeit with a national as opposed to a So Cal focus)

^That doesn't seem to me what Steve is aiming for with this thread, at all. I think he'd like to see a face and car to go with the screen names, so maybe he can remember who's he talking to when he sees them in person.

ss_md Scott
taxdrive017.jpg

AgNSX Steve
taxdrive010.jpg