The plunge has been taken!!!

Well, the day finally arrived. I have just picked up my '95 Red/Black NSX-T. It looks even better sitting in my driveway that I had imagined. It is still as tight as a drum, and as exciting as anything else on the market IMHO. Thanks for all the help and tips. I am a much more informed buyer thanks to you guys. I am looking forward to participating here for as long as I have this car. Is there anyone else in South Jersey or the Philly areas who would organize a drive? Thanks!

Congrats! I expect we'll see some pics shortly?

smile.gif

Yes I know, but I think somebody already has the name. I bought the car from Marty Sussman Acura in Maple Shade. It was owned by a friend of the dealership who traded up to a newer model. My roommate (a former Sussman Acura salesman) sold the car to the owner in 98. It was maintained at the dealership, so I have all the records. I just got home from a meeting, and on the way I let it breathe a bit (120MPH)! SMOOOOOOOOTH! Honda really did an incredible job with this car.

[This message has been edited by 9000RPMan (edited 05 March 2003).]

9000RPMan,
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the world of Nsx ownership. Where in Jersey are you from? I am in the middlesex area. I am waiting for better weather before searching for organized rides because I am sure that right now, not many are driving their Nsxs, or at least not daily.

Hey kld, I am in Camden County, and yes I drive the NSX every day. I am a firm believer that cars were made to be driven, not garage queens. I also am a firm believer that they should be properly maintained, so as its a Honda, with proper maintenance it should last a while. I must admit tho, that today was a bit scary in the freezing rain and slush. As soon as it warms up a bit, it will be washed. My vin isn't 172, its 000097, if that means anything (the last 6 digits that is). I still cant believe that I drive this car. Life is good......... Ha Ha Ha.

fc8adeb2.jpg

fc8adeaf.jpg

fc8adeac.jpg

Yes I know I am gonna catch a lot of heat because there is snow on the car, and there are a FEW specks of dirt on the driver's floor, but hey, I do not have a garage, and the floor was clean this morning! Ha Ha Ha

[This message has been edited by 9000RPMan (edited 06 March 2003).]

[This message has been edited by 9000RPMan (edited 06 March 2003).]

Originally posted by 9000RPMan:
Yes I know I am gonna catch a lot of heat because there is snow on the car

I don't think it's foolish to drive an NSX in the snow or in cold winter temperatures.

However, I do think it's foolish to drive an NSX with high-performance summer tires in the snow or cold. Unless you don't care if you hit anything, of course.

Nice! I'll donate room in my warm, enclosed garage for your baby until the snow melts.
biggrin.gif

<font size=1>

[This message has been edited by PHOEN$X (edited 07 March 2003).]

9000RPMan,
I feel you man, the winter has been one of the worse in a while. I can't wait till the warmer weather comes in. I would love to drive my Nsx daily like you do, but I work in a Walmart Pharmacy and parking an Nsx there would be like putting a "long-talied cat in a room full of rocking chairs."

Originally posted by kld12:
the winter has been one of the worse in a while.

Not here. This is the first winter here when we had three months (December 3 through March 3) in the middle of winter without as much as a 3-inch snowfall, or a winter in which there was bare ground throughout January and February. For mild winter weather, move to Chicago!
biggrin.gif

Parking at my office isnt a problem. We have a parking lot that was designed for a much bigger building, and there are a lot of upscale firms in the building. An example of the current cars parking is, 740i, a number of SL 500s, Lexus innumerable, a sweet A6, an old 911 and a bunch of S Class Benzes. I simply park on the far side next to a landscaping island, so 1 noone can park next to my passenger side even if they wanted. Also, my office overlooks that part of the lot, so I occasionally look down to check my baby!

[This message has been edited by 9000RPMan (edited 08 March 2003).]

BOSTON NSX

9000RPM BOUGHT A DIFFERENT CAR. tHIS IS THE CAR THAT MAPLESHADE/SUSSMAN WERE ASKING
39790 FOR IN DEC 02.

9000RPM POSTED HIS VIN IN ONE OF THE ABOVE POSTS.

Welcome aboard!

I'm located in the Lower Bucks county area.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
1976 Honda Accord 5 spd, 3 door Blue/Blue
1977 Honda Accord - Custom - Under Construction
2003 MINI Cooper S - On Order - All Black
1986 Chevy Suburban
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

No, I did not look at any other NSXs at Sussman while I was there. Although they do have a nice 2000 S2000 that was driven by an old lady, only once a week to church, and NEVER taken to 9000 rpm ever,I mean EVER ha ha ha ha. I was there this weekend to pick up my plates, and they do have another red one there. I didn't look closely at it at all, although I did see it has Kuhmo tires on it.

Back