the "other" car lives! thanks to spare parts from the NSX

RYU

Legendary Member
Tech Expert
So after about 8 months of tear down and basically living in my garage many nights I finally got the Chevy running decently. A catastrophic suspension failure from the old 40yr old control arms forced me to rethink how I wanted to rebuild the car. I wanted a comfortable cruiser so I decided to go the Pro-Touring route with my own twist.

The Chevelle has been in break-in mode for about a month now but overall she seems dialed in. I built her to be a driver and not so concerned about scratches and all that garage queen nonsense. I beat on her quite a bit and I think she enjoys it! I still have to work out some bugs and solve the annoying rattles here and there but it's nice to be able to drive around in it, burn rubber, and still get 25mpg. I had some spare parts from the NSX like the Momo Steering Wheel, my audio equip, and if you recognize them... the Roja F7 wheels, all ended up on the Chevy. haha!

Short mod list:
2002 Camaro SS 5.7L LS1
4L60E Transmission
Fully Adj Tubular front suspension
Upper Adj 4 Link rear suspension
Matched sway bars
Corvette C6 Z06 14" 6pot & 4pot brakes
BMW E30 Ellipsoid HID Headlamps
RX-7 FD front seats
and a lot of backyard welding, fabbing, and elbow grease :tongue:

went out for a drive in Little Tokyo last night. figured i'd take some pics :)

recognize the wheels? lol...i had trouble finding affortable BBK friendly wheels since the Z06 calipers are thick. i ended up using the higher offset F7s and adapter spacers to compensate. killed two birds with one stone. the local NSX crew here in the San Gabriel Valley call it the Chevelle Type R. Somehow so many spare parts from previous imports i've owned made a home in the Chevelle. surprisingly it all came together... not bad for spare parts.

Now I can work on some of the things i've wanted to get done for the NSX during the rest of 2010. Hoping time permits!

Soon to get bigger rubber. Maybe 235/40 F & 295/35 R
P1040926.jpg

P1040911.jpg

P1040914.jpg

my buddy Dean sitting shotgun
P1040933.jpg

Killer car! I have been wanting to build a pro tour 66 for my dad. He had a SS 4speed with buckets back in the day and still to this day talks about it.

ever want to sell it PM me! It is exactly how I would build one. Modern classic pro touring

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I thought the wheels look good too but I know it's sort of a polarizing design. Love it or hate it I guess!

It's nice and satisfying to finally move on from this build but now I need to entertain myself with options for the NA1.

Davidf - I want to see more of the G/N! You inspired me to update my avatar.

Killer car! I have been wanting to build a pro tour 66 for my dad. He had a SS 4speed with buckets back in the day and still to this day talks about it.

ever want to sell it PM me! It is exactly how I would build one. Modern classic pro touring
PM me if you ever get started on that build! I have a lot to download if you ever need the additional info.

Won't be selling in the near future but i'm trying to convince the owner of my dad's old 69 Camaro to sell it back to me so I can restore it again for pops (like the good ole days). If that comes thru the Chevelle will have to go to make room in the garage.

Re: your buddy Dean. That's a scary-lookin' dude in a scary-lookin' car.:eek:
(I mean that in a good way.)

Back