The Official 2019 F1 Thread

Great race for sure....lots of over taking and wheels to wheels racing...Unfortunate for Bottas, the Race directors is the one that make that call for a SC

Lewis would have won the race, regardless of SC, he had the speed....Fastest lap on old tires on the last lap...where as Bottas on Soft tires, was unable to get fastest lap.
He also, have to provide feedback on when he want to make the tire change....

Congrats to Lewis.....Germany next...Vettle home race, let's see how he is going to F@#K this one up.

Bram

Last edited:
I like how Vettel immidiately after the hit comes on the radio wondering wtf did Dutchman just do? Makes me laugh every single time. Funny how they try covering their ass, just in case.

Raise the cars 8” off the ground, make the size of the bodies larger for more advertising space, narrow the tires a bit and go to a standard steel brake disc and spec brake pads. And get rid of the wings/ go to a spec wing.
But at least a salary cap is a start.

that race was over in a blink....so fast is silverstone....exciting...the fans got what they wanted...now the hamo vs vettel story line is dead. Now Bottas=rosberg

Be prepared for the next highlight of the seasons. Not because it's Hockenheim but because RAIN is to be expected.

FP1: Ferrari 1-2
FP2: Ferrari 1-2
Does it again mean Quali: Merc 1-2 and Race: Merc 1-2 ?
I hope not. We need a change!

Hockenheim: Poor Ferrari (can you see the tears in my eyes?).
You go Lewis!
H-

Light/medium Rain is expected at the beginning of the race but still a little bit unsure. We don't want to see a start behind the safety car. :(

Sorry for the F-drivers, really bad luck.

Verstappen had to fear about his engine as Red Bull wanted too much power from Honda and the engine went into safety mode. We'll see tomorrow how they do on the soft tyres than the rest of the top 10.

Light/medium Rain is expected at the beginning of the race but still a little bit unsure. We don't want to see a start behind the safety car. :(

Sorry for the F-drivers, really bad luck.

Verstappen had to fear about his engine as Red Bull wanted too much power from Honda and the engine went into safety mode. We'll see tomorrow how they do on the soft tyres than the rest of the top 10.

Ferrari is looking like the 80’s company. When they don’t have bad luck, they step on their cranks and worse.

Very entertaining two hours with a happy end for Honda. :) Congrats!

Bottas now at risk. Gasly too.

Verstappen now just 22 points away from Bottas. Kwjat on fire.

Three brilliant races in a row, not sure how long we've seen so much racing even in one season (must have been in the 90ies or so). Can't wait for Hungary.

Honda still has to refine the mapping for rain starts...

The Merc crew in their outfit of the 50s must have been dreaming and their average pit stop duration in today's race was about the same as in the 50s when only two guys were changing the tires. :)

Funny to see Leclerc crashing into the Merc boards in the Merc arena.

Well, that was interesting.
Who says F1 is boring?!
H-

I've never seen such a chacos at Merc garage during pitstops, they were falling over each other like little kids. It was a tire race. Ice ring was ruthless.

Too funny:

HOCKENHEIM, Germany -- After Max Verstappen's second victory of the Red Bull-Honda era, the Japanese manufacturer couldn't help but make reference to one of Fernando Alonso's infamous put-down of its engine four years ago.
Arguably that partnership's (with McL) most notorious moment came at Honda's home race in 2015, when Alonso, frustrated at the underpowered engine inside his car, opened his radio channel to declare he had a "GP2 engine" -- GP2 was the name of what is now Formula 2, F1's main feeder series, so it was a massive insult.
The embarrassment of the comment has clearly been hard to shake. Shortly after the Germany result, Honda's official Twitter account made a playful dig at that comment, posting a picture with the caption: "He's done it again. GP2 victories in 2019". It then added a reply to that post saying, "2 GP victories, *Autocorrect"

I have never found Alonso to be a team player. Fast but too impatient, also whole Flavio thing didn't help from the get go. You never go after your team, it's immature.

That was the best race since Canada 2010, also made eventful by mixed conditions. ==> random timed watering down of the track during the race ==> better racing / solution to the doldrums of F1.

Ironically that was Vettel's best drive since last year's German snafu. I don't know if he made any mistakes the whole race (he didn't get too much coverage). Uncharacteristically poor performance by Hamilton.

It is impressive to see Verstappen driving with purpose, but also maturity that he has lacked the last 2 (or is it 3) seasons?

Back