The NSX will be on Fifth Gear next week!!

Hi

You can read about it here

Thanks for the tip.

Regards

Thanks for the hospitality redshift, just doing my part :biggrin:

The best thing about Fifth Gear this season is now they are hour long episodes...well actually about 44 min of actual air time b/c of commercials...so it should be a pretty good tribute.

For anyone who is interested in Top Gear reviews of the NSX-R, they are episodes 2002.11.24, season 1(of the new format) episode 6 [01x06], and 2003.12.28 [03x09]. The track was wet both times and when I mean wet I mean standing water, so the times don’t really give the car justice, and the reviews aren’t glowing but they didn’t slam it either. It is still great to see that awesome machine in action though.

I'm surprised its not being done by Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear. He's been slamming the NSX for years, and thought maybe he'd wanna get one last shot in.

bodypainter said:
Anyone know if this show is on DirecTV?

It is on FIVE tv out of England, so mine doesn't get it, but if you download BitTorrent and have a high-speed connection it generally takes about an hour to download (depending on how many people are seeding). Most times, unless they release it early, I just start to download it before I go to bed or right before I go to work and then it is done for me when I get back home. They are 350+ MB files, although large they are pretty good quality video, not quite DVD, put very good nonetheless.

NSXROX said:
I'm surprised its not being done by Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear. He's been slamming the NSX for years, and thought maybe he'd wanna get one last shot in.
No kidding, he always says 'no matter how hard it tries it will never be a F-car.' He has been spewing that nonsense for years. He has also has said that "I think a F-Car is a scaled down version of god," :eek: so go figure. But in last seasons Top Gear I remember they mention the ending of production durring the "News" section of the show and they seemed to be somewhat disappointed about it.

It was actually Tiff Needell who did the review of it back in 1991 when he was still on Top Gear, he didn't seemed too impressed by it, so it will be interesting what he says next week.

Hi

I downloaded episode 4 where they show a preview of ep.5 with a 2002+ red NSX with a voiceover of Vicki Butler-Henderson.

Looking forward to ep. 5. Vicky can drive so maybe some sideway action with the NSX. :smile:

Regards

bodypainter said:
Anyone know if this show is on DirecTV?

I have DirectTV and I get Fifth Gear. It comes on the SPEED channel, which is channel 607.

tbck2793 said:
I have DirectTV and I get Fifth Gear. It comes on the SPEED channel, which is channel 607.
jonas1jp said:
I have Dish Network, and it's on channel 150. I won't miss it!
Unfortunately you will, SPEED Channel's airing of Fifth Gear are a season or two behind :mad:. Unless your cable or Satellite provider has FIVEtv out of England you are s.o.l, but www.finalgear.com has them only a day or two after the original airing in England, sometimes hours, but that hasn't happened yet this season. They do the same for Top Gear which begins their new season in T-minus 6 days, can't wait. These two programs are heads and shoulders above any American car review shows.

martin said:
Hi

I downloaded episode 4 where they show a preview of ep.5 with a 2002+ red NSX with a voiceover of Vicki Butler-Henderson.

Looking forward to ep. 5. Vicky can drive so maybe some sideway action with the NSX.

Regards
That is how I first saw it, then I decided to let Prime know :biggrin:

Fifth Gear's new format rocks! But I still like the personalities on Top Gear better, and honestly it seems just like a rehash of Top Gear, but they are both great in their own right. Plus I like seeing the Stig set fast lap times really pushing the car to its limits, where Fifth Gear likes to slide and get the tail out, which is very cool don't get me wrong, but they kind of over kill it IMHO. But they now have their own "power lap" times very similar to Top Gear, which I have to give them credit is very cool to watch.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the title of the episode is? Fifth gear is on twice a week on Speed, which day is it?

Well for us, it's on tonight.

I'll record it on my media center pc, and when I work out how to edit and compress that, I can make it available.

I find it funny how you guys rate out programs so highly. We find 5th Gear and Top Gear a bit stale now in formats, and the quality of the actual car information poor. It's just car entertainment, rather than factual.

The BBC cancelled Top Gear, and so the presenters started 5th Gear on channel FIVE. Then Jeremy Clarkson (who left Top Gear earlier), came up with the new Top Gear format, which 5th Gear now tries to copy.

They just had an NSX on a 5th gear episode here in the US. They hooked a golf up with nitrous and drag raced an NSX, a "proper supercar". The NSX won. :smile:

TTony said:
They just had an NSX on a 5th gear episode here in the US. They hooked a golf up with nitrous and drag raced an NSX, a "proper supercar". The NSX won. :smile:

Hi

Do you know what episode that was? In Top Gear they hooked up a Jag with NOS, but I have not seen any 5th gear episode where there is NOS and NSX involved.

Regards

splitz said:
Does anyone know what the title of the episode is? Fifth gear is on twice a week on Speed, which day is it?
It won't be on SPEED, here in the US we get episodes that are at least a year old. I think :confused: some Canadian cable providers have FIVE tv, so maybe our friends from the north could help too.

j14nsx said:
Well for us, it's on tonight.

I'll record it on my media center pc, and when I work out how to edit and compress that, I can make it available.

I find it funny how you guys rate out programs so highly. We find 5th Gear and Top Gear a bit stale now in formats, and the quality of the actual car information poor. It's just car entertainment, rather than factual.

The BBC cancelled Top Gear, and so the presenters started 5th Gear on channel FIVE. Then Jeremy Clarkson (who left Top Gear earlier), came up with the new Top Gear format, which 5th Gear now tries to copy.
That would be really nice of you to make it available, some people don’t have BitTorrent so that would be really great, or to save you the trouble of editing, b/c www.finalgear.com edits out the commercials, someone could download and compress it, I would, but I have no place to upload it to.

The “News” section of Top Gear is informative. :biggrin: Seriously though you're right, I think that is why Americans like them so much because they are so entertaining. Also they are on primetime slots in the UK so they have to be entertaining. Our car shows are at odd hours, either in the middle of the afternoon on weekends or later, that being said you will never see a Mclaren SLR make a 1,000 mile journey on any American automotive show, or a race between a plane and a Ferrari 612 to a ski resort.

To me if I wanted a factual review I would buy a magazine, but to see an Enzo, Zonda, Carrera GT, etc... in action FG and TG are the best IMHO.

Last edited:
martin said:
Hi

Do you know what episode that was? In Top Gear they hooked up a Jag with NOS, but I have not seen any 5th gear episode where there is NOS and NSX involved.

Regards

It aired April 12, 2004, Season 5, Episode 3 [05x03] 2004.04.12. The NSX was only in it for the drag race

Made in the USA said:
It aired April 12, 2004, Season 5, Episode 3 [05x03] 2004.04.12. The NSX was only in it for the drag race

Hi

Thanks. Strange that I missed that since it says so on the comments on the finalgear page.

Well I found 5x03 episode on Emule.

Regards

If you need to go out of your way to watch this then my advice would be don't bother !!

simonprelude said:
If you need to go out of your way to watch this then my advice would be don't bother !!

Hi

Well I am a chipmunk when it comes to store NSX videos for later :smile:

Regards

Re: No Top Gear yet.

It is available for download get it while it's hot!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.mininova.org/tor/148806
Click the link in the "download" row

You need http://www.bittorrent.com/ to download it (4.04) really easy and painless.

Once you have BitTorrent and click the download link, it will give you an option "open with" or "save to disk"
Choose "Open with" and BitTorrent will do the rest.

Ojas said:
The next season of Top Gear starts in less than a week, on November 13. The NSX will be in at least one of Top Gear’s features: http://www.topgear.com/content/features/stories/2005/11/stories/04/5.html
Good catch, I'll keep my ear to the ground about when it airs and when it is available for download.

Yes watched it on CH5 (UK) and it was pretty dire, worth watching if you can see it easily, however the article was incorrect and apart from a few nice comments they were more excited about making a Lotus Esprit do 200mph !!

gtr said:
So you watched it already and it wasn't anything to get excited about :frown: ?

Back