The Nsx Search...

Well I was looking at this NSX... From Cars.com

JH4NA1153PT000018

i-1.JPG

i-3.JPG

i-6.JPG

i-8.JPG

Anyone in AZ know this owner?

He is asking kind of low... 30k with almost 100k miles? Is it a steal? Well trying to arrange a PPI...

Last edited:
Wow that is low. Not by much but low if all records come with it and you can have a compression check done than, well I would go for it. I just got a 92 with CTSC and I love it.

Very reasonable price for a boosted nsx.

Well I just got back from Phoenix after purchasing this car for $27500. All I can say is that I am thrilled with it so far. John (previous owner) and his wife are excellent people and the condition of the car shows how much they loved it. I had it inspected at the local dealership and they too said it was really clean. Compression came out at 215-220 across all cylinders and leakdown was less than 1% across the board. The only thing they could find to nit pick on the car was that the CV's showed a little moisture (probably need to tighten the clamps) and the sunvisors were cracked. So I bought new visors and had them installed. The seats were in good condition considering the miles but had some wear that is common for these cars (bolster area) so I bought a set from Anil on the list here from his 5000 mile 2002 NSX. They look great in the car and everyone that sees it is stunned by how good it looks. Just thought I would introduce myself and let you know that it was indeed as good as it looked. I'm the VP of the local Porsche club and will be sure to post comparisons to some of my other cars.

Welcome! Congrats from another new NSX owner. Sounds like a great deal. Enjoy the new car, and please include links to any posts/comparisons.

Well first off congrats...

I'm still debating between the 996 Turbo and a late model NSX. I'd love to hear if you have any impresssions in that particular car.

It's just for me personally I've wanted an NSX for years now...

Congratulations. Nice car. Seems like good NSXs go off the market really fast. Welcome to NSX Prime.

Boosted with stock exhaust:confused:
I'm boosted (CTSC) and had B&B exhaust. I just went back to the stock exhaust (keeping B&B headers...never going back to stock manifold). The couple HP I'll give up is worth the sanity I'll now retain thanks to a more-reasonable noise level. I should have done this earlier...car is much more enjoyable now.

davidf

You found your car?

To soloracer, sounds like you got a nice car. Congrats

"So the stock flows decent? Then maybe all I need is headers."

Most loose 'em due to the fact that there too quiet (silent)
Are heavy, and look like they were removed from a Hoover Vacuum / spaceship.

Well first off congrats...

I'm still debating between the 996 Turbo and a late model NSX. I'd love to hear if you have any impresssions in that particular car.

It's just for me personally I've wanted an NSX for years now...

The 996TT is a very nice, well built sports car but ultimately, too generic. Its a 911... although a good one, There are thousands around. I almost bought one but really am glad I went with the NSX instead. You need to drive both. The NSX has a better experience. It lacks the brute power but is better in most other areas. My CTSC NSX is now just as fast if not faster than the 996T. Exotic looks, hand built, all aluminum, very limited production, ultra reliable with almost no depreciation. What else do you want?

Soloracer got a sweet deal on the car with the CTSC. Congrats.

"So the stock flows decent? Then maybe all I need is headers."

Most loose 'em due to the fact that there too quiet (silent)
Are heavy, and look like they were removed from a Hoover Vacuum / spaceship.
If you want to lose the spaceship/hoover look of the 1991-1994 exhaust you can have different tips put on them or find someone giving away their 1995-1996 stock exhaust because they bought aftermarket. The only difference I'm aware of between the 1991-1994 and 1995-1996 exhausts is the tips (early ones have tips same size as piping with spaceship accent bolted on, later ones have tips larger than piping without extra stuff bolted on).

Back