the next nsx should look like this

mclaren_future_1.jpg

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Looks like a blend between an HSC and Enzo.:smile:

I'd definitely get one with some more refinements...:smile:

It looks like the driving position is LHD, opposed to the center position now would that now be a step backwards? Personally, I wish at least a handful of production sports cars came offered as 1 seaters... too much compromise that was one positive design feature that made the F1 unique to me.

On the aestetics, I prefer the jagged lines on the front end, but the other elements such as the higher roof line, curved rear, and blingy wheels do not appeal to me- for a moment I thought it was the next Konig

on the right path...

SoCalDude said:
Looks like a blend between an HSC and Enzo.:smile:

Some Pagani's Zonda thrown into the mix as well. Def' a head-turner for sure. :cool:

To generalize what the NSX-replacement/ HSC/ Honda's forthcoming supercar will look like, just look at what Honda/Acura currently offers and plans to release in the next few years...

Back in '90, the NSX was being released to the media and masses as a 1991 model. However there were many, many common styling/design cues reminescent of other models in the Honda/Acura stable (eg. interior ergonomics, dash-layout, instrament gauges, tail-lights, F/R bumper-fascia, A & B pillars, etc'...). Certain hallmarks were present on then current-generation Preludes, CRX'es, Accord coupe's, Legend coupe's. Analysis into Honda's/Acura's ovarall design philosophy would offer a lot of insight. For instance, Lexus vehicle's are based off a "LF" design scheme. Audi has been the same way for years w/ a converging design approach.

Question is... what is Honda/Acura in terms of their mantra/mission, words put into steel, glass, plastic, and rubber?

Incredible! I know one of the guy that made the design of one of these three cars... he posted the other photos on another small forum yesterday! :D

I would have never imagined that this would have reached NSXPrime and got so much positive comments!

liftcontrol said:
amitkc said:
http://www.mclarencars.com/news/latest.htm

McLaren has worked in close co-operation with the school and students of the Transport Design course at the Istituto Europeo di Design in Turin to get an insight into a McLaren super car of tomorrow.

The students completed a dream project by designing a future McLaren concept car as part of their final year project.

The common objective for all the students was to design a mid-engined super sports car capable of more than 320 km/h (or 200 mph) that offered the technological excellence of Formula 1 for the road, with unparalleled dynamic and aerodynamic performance. ( the only thing that matters !!!! )

The project involved a total of 39 students subdivided in 14 groups which then completed their work as a team, each producing a 1:4 scale model. The models were officially unveiled on the 27th of June at IED in Turin where they have been on display to date.

Three models were awarded first, second and third prizes. In third, was ‘MP11' a very aggressive-looking car that was true to the engineering package in the brief. The runner-up, ‘Manta', took a strikingly different direction to any other. ‘M Eleven B' took overall honours with first place, representing the best interpretation of a future McLaren road car.

Three further models received special prizes, including ‘Can-Am' for best brand interpretation, while ‘Vortex' was voted best aerodynamic interpretation and finally ‘M1-06 BlackTiger' won the best styling development.

Here's some visual candy to accompany the article:

IED-1.jpg

IED-2.jpg

The M Eleven B which one first place: :loveit:
IED-3.jpg

IED-4.jpg

Where do I sign up to sell my first born for this car when it finally makes it ?

If this is the direction that McLaren is taking after their split from the MB supercar project (aka the phallic SLR), then McLaren is going the right way.

By their own standards, the SLR falied to live up to the expectations of a successor to the greatest supercar ever, the McLaren F1.

:approve:

That is correct.

Back