The new secret 2005 Honda Odyssey

Anyone out there know anything about the new 2005 Odyssey? I will be giving up my 4Runner soon for a minivan before the end of this year (but not my NSX ;) )...The Sienna has very good rating but I think it looks quite kinda of boring...I hope the new Odyssey will look better and I heard the new Odyssey will be utilizing the "shutting down" 3 cylinders technology while cruising on the highway....anyone has any info outthere? weblink???

I know it's supposed to be redesigned for 2005. The Sienna and the Odyssey have topped each other with each new generation. I would expect the 2005 Odyssey to once again be the best minivan on the market.

I didn't notice anything on the Temple of VTEC website but I didn't look very hard. They had an offer from a couple of dealers where you could order one and not pay over MSRP.

Zlee said:
Anyone out there know anything about the new 2005 Odyssey? I will be giving up my 4Runner soon for a minivan before the end of this year (but not my NSX ;) )...The Sienna has very good rating but I think it looks quite kinda of boring...I hope the new Odyssey will look better and I heard the new Odyssey will be utilizing the "shutting down" 3 cylinders technology while cruising on the highway....anyone has any info outthere? weblink???
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Hummm!!!! IMO the Sienna is the BEST looking minin Van on the market!!!I've been lonking for one meself. Very sporty look! kinda F1 hood....
-Aaron

I really like my 01 Odyssey but it seems that the automatic trannies are the weak point in larger hondas. Advantage: Toyota

just got an 05 odyssey exl-res/nav.
paid $500 under msrp; they dealer initially said they will not budge from msrp :rolleyes: .

awesome awesome!
3.5l 255hp... runs on 3 cylinders when there is no load... should get about 28mpg on the highway.

the nav is better than any aftermarket system i've seen.. it even comes with a rear view camera. ride and noise level is like a luxury sedan.

awesome.

Congrats on the new purchase. I heard that the new Odyssey is so nice that you wouldn't even want your kids in it. I think that was just the touring edition or something though.

Have her go drive one. I've tried to convince my wife of the same thing. It's SUV or nothing for her. I keep telling her that they are basically the same cars. Minivans aren't what they used to be. They are actually pretty cool. What am I saying? :eek: Anyway, we will probably go with the Pilot or something similar.

White92 said:
Have her go drive one. I've tried to convince my wife of the same thing. It's SUV or nothing for her. I keep telling her that they are basically the same cars. Minivans aren't what they used to be. They are actually pretty cool. What am I saying? :eek: Anyway, we will probably go with the Pilot or something similar.
ROFLMAO!!!

PS - nice avatar of your little one. Isn't it nice when they're that little? :D

Thanks, yes they are indeed so cute! I don't have anything to compare her too since she's our first. She's actually one month old today and I'm stuck at work! I hate leaving her in the morning!
But seriously check out the new van. It's pretty cool in van terms.

I had my deposit down on an 05 Touring package (thats the high end one here in Canada, not sure what they call it in the US) but eventually decided against it and got an 05 MDX instead. I thought we'd get more seating options for the kids with the minivan, but it turned out to be even more limited because of tether/LATCH constraints. My kids are young, and all 3 need to be in carseats/boosters and the third row seating only has a single tether/LATCH in the middle. In the touring model, they got rid of the middle seat in the 2nd row and do not even have a seatbelt for the middle position like the other models. Going with the lower end model means you don't get some of the other features which are ONLY present on the Touring edition. Sigh. I also felt that given the pricepoint which is approaching the MDX, it lacked some basics like power passenger seat, had cheap controls for Navigation etc. There were some minor ergonomic considerations too like when the car is in Park, the shifter blocks the Navigation control! There are a *LOT* of things I like about the '05 Oddyssey, but the main thing for us was the seating considerations, and the other minor things and fit+finish just added up and made us go with the MDX for now. In 4 years once the kids are older and can go in any seat, we'll probably reconsider the Oddyssey. I've gotta say though, that I'd normally never consider a minivan, but the new Oddyssey in the high end package feels very little like a van, yet retains all the benefits of a van. Things like the lazy susan are an AWESOME idea for families with kids and all kinds of toys and garbage that are always littering the family car. Good job Honda!

I've gotta say though, that I'd normally never consider a minivan, but the new Oddyssey in the high end package feels very little like a van, with all the benefits of a van. Good job Honda!

Wheww! So it's not just me! Ok, I feel better now. :D

I just can't do the minivan thing. I made a promise to myself years ago. :D

Back