• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The New NSX is DEAD!

Quit living in the past. The new NSX is never coming and even if it does, it is too late. The GT-R has already sleighed all of the dragons. The Z06 and 911 Turbo have been killed. There is no way Acura can build a better car than the GT-R for less than $70k. IF Acura does ever produce a sports car again, it won't even be a footnote in the back of Car and Driver.

:rolleyes:

I still belive and hope that one day they will make something that I will long for as I longed for the Nsx when I first saw it.:frown:

i have faith in honda, i doubt its going to be a 70k car though, nsx hasnt cost that much since 91 and even then prices were gouged over the sticker of 67k or whatever,

Quit living in the past. The new NSX is never coming and even if it does, it is too late. The GT-R has already sleighed all of the dragons. The Z06 and 911 Turbo have been killed. There is no way Acura can build a better car than the GT-R for less than $70k. IF Acura does ever produce a sports car again, it won't even be a footnote in the back of Car and Driver.

:rolleyes:

You and James, John, Jeff, Tom, Max, et all neet to have need to have a meeting and have a burger over at Char Burger.:biggrin:

Doug

Well, the idea of a lightweight, elegant MR is dead, but I am pretty sure that whenever the next Acura supercar comes out, it will look better than the GTR, simply by form and composition and perform close if not slightly better than the GTR.

Nissan may have built a monster but they put the motor in the wrong place.

Yeah but then I would say the same thing about the new Skyline if the engine was in the middle or rear...If it was it wouldn't be a Skyline GTR...just like it the new Acura is Front engine then it won't be a NSX

If Honda wants to make something special, it should be the innovative, fast, and GREEN! That would be the thing to do if Honda wants to bring back their image.

400 hp 0-60 in 4 sec and 50 mpg. :biggrin:

lol, quad turbo hybrid hydrogen cell and cold fusion apparatus... that should help it out.

IT IS 1981 ALL OVER AGAIN!

brown.jpg

1981datsun280zx0506.jpg

i have faith in honda, i doubt its going to be a 70k car though, nsx hasnt cost that much since 91 and even then prices were gouged over the sticker of 67k or whatever,
Sounds like you don't know anything about how much NSXs sold for when they were available new (either sticker prices or actual selling prices)...

I still have little hope for the next NSX. But as more times passes by, I am starting to loose faith.

I lost faith with the designers. I hope it costs more to keep the true nsx value up. They really should call it something else....

It is best if the NSX is kept a legend at this point. Even if a redesigned model did come into production, it's just not going to have the same impact it once had during its 1989-1990 debut which was surprising enough indeed to the sportscar market. As Shigeru Uehara had mentioned, "-the supercar boom is over -but there will always be those who desire something special." I do believe that Acura will advance with a new successor intended to compete with the likes of GT-R and LF-A, but it's no NSX nor will it be better than the NSX. I'm sure that many agree here on this forum that the NSX is a timeless design so how certain are we that a new model will look twice as better? In terms of refreshed design, it just seems LIMITED because we often say "hey it looks like this or that car!" so the Acura designers really have to come up with something that does not borrow any styling cues from other cars.

It is best if the NSX is kept a legend at this point. Even if a redesigned model did come into production, it's just not going to have the same impact it once had during its 1989-1990 debut which was surprising enough indeed to the sportscar market. As Shigeru Uehara had mentioned, "-the supercar boom is over -but there will always be those who desire something special." I do believe that Acura will advance with a new successor intended to compete with the likes of GT-R and LF-A, but it's no NSX nor will it be better than the NSX. I'm sure that many agree here on this forum that the NSX is a timeless design so how certain are we that a new model will look twice as better? In terms of refreshed design, it just seems LIMITED because we often say "hey it looks like this or that car!" so the Acura designers really have to come up with something that does not borrow any styling cues from other cars.

+2,000

The NSX is a unique, balanced, modest yet super powerful, sexy, and legendary design. Anything new will be so far from this it will not be worthy of the nsx name. Leave it a legend.

GTR's engine is very solid, once the tuners get a hold of it we will see numbers close to 1000HP I would bet. I don't know how anyone can compete with this car in terms of power and speed.

Back