The New NSX Chassis (In My Dreams)

I don't understand this. Honda can easily make its own carbon fibre chassis. Do you really want to pay 6x the current price for an NSX - because THAT IS the quesition, not Honda's ability.

Check out the price of carbon cars - the McLaren F1 was a million dollars, the Ferrari Enzo is $600,000 etc. Are you willing to pay this price level for your next NSX?

The Saleen S7's carbon fiber body alone costs $100K.

I think the NSX will do just fine without it...

What's the C5 Vette shell made out of again? Fiberglass? What are the pros/cons of going this route? No door dings! :D

I think in the future you're going to see more and more applications of mass-produced carbon fiber.

The raw materials are pretty cheap and all that's needed is a way to avoid the hand lay-up and the long cycle times.

I believe the 2004 C5 Vette has an optional carbon fiber hood.

For sure it will be more expensive BUT I think that Honda should offer a carbon NSX chassis in option BECAUSE there will be people paying for it.

I would.

As time goes carbon fiber applications are becoming less and less expensive...

Last edited:
Soichiro said:
I don't understand this. Honda can easily make its own carbon fibre chassis. Do you really want to pay 6x the current price for an NSX - because THAT IS the quesition, not Honda's ability.

Check out the price of carbon cars - the McLaren F1 was a million dollars, the Ferrari Enzo is $600,000 etc. Are you willing to pay this price level for your next NSX?

With that attitude, the original NSX would never have been produced. "All-aluminum body production car? Nobody has ever done that! The engineering, development and production costs will be huge!"

What Honda 'can' do is irrelevant. You can't park Honda's potential in your garage, only their product.

The whole point of the NSX is to deliver MORE car for LESS money. If I want to spend $600,000 I will just buy an Enzo.

Honda INNOVATED with the original NSX. If they do not innovate to the same degree with a second generation NSX they may as well pull the plug. 250 cars a year is just about flatlined anyway.

Back