the formal way to introduce my new NSX

i made a thread a bit ago asking if previous Z owners regretted the trade... well i know i dont ;] Received my 91 black/ivory nsx with 40k miles about 3 days ago and since then i did a process of polish to make it look the way i want it ! thought itd be a better way to show off the car (haha)

Heres the car in the garage (looks pretty doesnt it?) wait till u see it under the lights
Picture228.jpg

mats before and afters
Picture223.jpg

Picture224.jpg

Picture226.jpg

Picture227.jpg

Before & afters on paint:
Picture200.jpg

Picture203.jpg

Picture204.jpg

Picture206.jpg

Picture209.jpg

Picture210.jpg

Picture211.jpg

the wax settling in ;]
Picture216.jpg

finals:
Picture221.jpg

Picture219.jpg

WOW!!:eek: ....looks super clean! great work!

What did you use to get rid of the swirl marks! (I have some thats why i ask:smile: )

Nice job. Now get rid of the broken antenna and the 1980 cell phone antenna, get a nice aftermarket lip spoiler (looks like yours is missing), and you will be good to go. Of course some better wheels is the next mod. :)

Congrats, the car looks great. You got the best color...:smile: if you take good care of it. Looks like your off to a great start. Now spend some time driving it.

Looks brand new now after the hard work and it looks great.......Have fun with it........Steve

Nice job. Now get rid of the broken antenna and the 1980 cell phone antenna, get a nice aftermarket lip spoiler (looks like yours is missing), and you will be good to go. Of course some better wheels is the next mod. :)

already ordered the Shark antenna :cool: , is that 1980 cell phone antenna easy to take off? i took off the rest.

thanks all. im really enjoying the car i have a lot of mods i want to do but winter is coming over here so would rather wait and see what comes out.

WOW!!:eek: ....looks super clean! great work!

What did you use to get rid of the swirl marks! (I have some thats why i ask:smile: )

Prima swirl, Finish and Porter cable

I assume this was a one owner car?

Congratulations. You did a good job on the detailing. Looks 10X better after detailed the car.

Looks great, especially since black is hard to maintain.

A couple of other easy things to instantly improve the appearance (if you can where you live)...remove the windshield wipers and the sticker in the lower left area of the windshield.

Car looks great except for the Super Swamper sized tires on there....YIKES!! :eek:

great job on detailing...i used meguiars scratch remover and i also tried NUFINISH....both works great !! you guys should try it out !

Car looks great except for the Super Swamper sized tires on there....YIKES!! :eek:

haha dont worry. things will soon change, saving up through winter and changing it through spring / summer :cool:

Really nice work on the detail. It's great to see an NSX get the attention it deserves.

Is that 1980 cell phone antenna easy to take off? i took off the rest.

Its just glued on. Don't pull, twist it off with a pair of pliers. You have to turn it. Some Goo-Gone will then get rid of the glue.

Its just glued on. Don't pull, twist it off with a pair of pliers. You have to turn it. Some Goo-Gone will then get rid of the glue.

I used a blow dryer to heat up the old glue and it pulled right off. I recommend using a little dawn in warm water for any residue left as Goo-Gone can be a pain if any touches paint or rubber. If there is a lot of residue left you will have to use Goo-Gone.

Prima swirl, Finish and Porter cable

man these pictures bring back memories of my 91 Black on black. damn I miss that car! :redface:

Back