The "EPS" Light on my dash keeps coming on (since I installed CTSC)

I had a Comptech supercharger installed recently.

Since then, the "EPS" light on my dash flashes on and turns off when I accelerate, and when I hit the brakes. I think the EPS light is the "Electric Power Steering" light. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the Supercharger installation.

Anyone else have this issue?

I had a Comptech supercharger installed recently.

Since then, the "EPS" light on my dash flashes on and turns off when I accelerate, and when I hit the brakes. I think the EPS light is the "Electric Power Steering" light. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the Supercharger installation.

Anyone else have this issue?

Im not really sure since its kind of weird that it only flashes...usually iv found that after start up the EPS light may stay on, never heard of it flashing...if it stays on you can reset the EPS by removing the CLOCK FUSE for **ATLEAST** 5 SECONDS.

Hey charley. YOu need to jump the test terminal to get the EPS code then you can figure out what is triggering it. I think the color of the test terminal is blue but not sure on your 04.

-akio

Are you sure this is not the TCS light flashing(green).

Sorry for the stupid question, but since the EPS really does not flash, and "traction" is effected with more HP, it just makes more sense:).

So, to be sure: red EPS light or green TCS light?

Regards,
LarryB

Ok, There is a special speed sensor on the trans just for the EPS in the later model cars (1997+). You may wish to check that during the CTSC install, a connector may have been disturbed and has come loose. It is located on the trans, just behind and down from the throttle body, under the "control box" in the engine bay.

Obviously getting the EPS code will tell us what is failing, and should indicate if it is a speed sensor.

HTH,
LarryB

Back