The Don v. The Modena at the Glen

We thought that David Moore joining the ranks of the Open Trackers would be the highlight of the weekend at the Glen but check out The Don making us proud.

35039891-L.jpg

35039908-L.jpg

35039926-L.jpg

35039949-L.jpg

35039969-L.jpg

35039996-L.jpg

Maybe the modena was scared Don might rear end him so gave him the pass. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Nice shots by the way Bob .... did you get any shots of the vintage car races ? My friend was up with his P4 and im sure he would be delighted if you got some shots of him on the track.

OK, now I'm really confused, I just looked at the pictures again, and Don is passing this F car on the straightaway, was the F car parked, or stopping, because there's no way that any NSX, not to mention one driven by our beloved "The Don" would pass a properly driven Modena on the straights :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Okay, the truth must be told. Because it was a Ferrari, it should have been abundantly clear that the car died and he was parked waiting for the flatbed to pick him up.

Superior instructional technique. I have on good authority that Don was told by his instructor to stick to this Ferrari's tail in turn 11 and the pressure would be too much for him to bear, hense the point-by pass.
Japan 1 Italy 0

RPM217 said:
OK, now I'm really confused, I just looked at the pictures again, and Don is passing this F car on the straightaway, was the F car parked, or stopping, because there's no way that any NSX, not to mention one driven by our beloved "The Don" would pass a properly driven Modena on the straights :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

If the corner exit speed of car "A" is greater than that car "B" then car "A" passes car "B"

Armando

Sweetness Don! I hope all of our NE nsx's had a great day on Tuesday.

MiamieNeSeX said:
If the corner exit speed of car "A" is greater than that car "B" then car "A" passes car "B"

Remember who was driving, it has nothing to do with corner speed. If what you see is indeed true (and I believe it is) :eek: I tend to believe that maybe it was the instructor who was driving, not Don!!!

RPM217 said:
MiamieNeSeX said:

Remember who was driving, it has nothing to do with corner speed. If what you see is indeed true (and I believe it is) :eek: I tend to believe that maybe it was the instructor who was driving, not Don!!!

Maybe Don should just stick to acting ? :rolleyes: ..... :biggrin:

RPM217 said:
I tend to believe that maybe it was the instructor who was driving, not Don!!!

You can tell it is The Don driving with Pete in the passenger seat. Check out the passenger's helmet - it is on backwards. Even Peter could not bear to watch what Don does on the track.

do they make a go-fast crack pipe for photogs???? :biggrin:
nice shootin, both of you!! looks like a blast was had!!!

Wow he can play the washboard and PASS F cars :eek:
I'm proud to say that I knew him when he was "just a musician": :biggrin:
Congrats Don, you had perfect weather an obviously SUPERIOR instructor and what I am sure was a fantastic weekend :cool:

From the second picture, it seems that the F360 not only holding up the silver nsx, but the Porsche and the vette too.

More likely a track newbie with an instructor.... Happens all the time at HPDE.

like I remember the second time I was at the track without instructor, I was getting passed by Miata, Focus (they are driven by good drivers). No busted ego, just part of the learning...

Being said, it's always nice to have pictures of 360 by our car

And to top off a wonderful track event -- On the way home on Wednesday I found a Waffle House in Scranton PA!!!!

Life is good!

Acura NsX Pilot said:
I love waffles.....how about a waffle house run ?

Bailey, still all about the food!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Back