• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The DEFINITIVE guide for selecting & sizing TIRES for PERFORMANCE

Hey guys,

After years of testing and compiling data, I finally condensed everything I have learned down into one article on How to PROPERLY select and size TIRES for PERFORMANCE.

This article disproves a lot of common misconceptions (actually, almost every aspect of the tire from the UTQG and temperature to the labeled width of the tire) and challenges the typical thought process of how people look for new tires and gives a better alternative that will make sizing wheels and tires much easier in the future with less trial and error. The information here applies both for street cars as well as dedicated track cars.

"The most important part of your car is not the engine, suspension, or brakes. It’s the TIRES!!! This is because your car can only perform as well as the capability of its tires. I’m often asked which tire is best and what size to buy. In this article I discuss my methods for choosing and properly sizing the right tires. I’m not into the “hella-flush” or “stance” scenes so this article is focused towards those who care about the PERFORMANCE of their car, whether on the street or on the track."

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArtic...LY-select-and-size-TIRES-for-PERFORMANCE.aspx

Enjoy!

"Most people buy bigger wheels based on looks and offsets and then the tire tends to be a compromised afterthought to fit those wheels in the remaining room that’s available. Since this article is about optimizing the performance of a car with tires, they should dictate what size wheel to run. In many cases, the ideal tire may not be available in the size that properly fits your wheels. If handling and performance is important to you, then your wheels will be sized accordingly. If you view form > function, then this article probably isn’t for you anyway."

Truth!
ba0062ab68f87080f90dcb922f3c24ef.jpg

Thanks for sharing [MENTION=16531]stuntman[/MENTION]! Any idea why you didn't include the Maxxis RC1? I'm guessing you perhaps don't like that tire...

Very well written article Billy!

Thanks for sharing [MENTION=16531]stuntman[/MENTION]! Any idea why you didn't include the Maxxis RC1? I'm guessing you perhaps don't like that tire...
Because "I have arbitrarily listed some examples for each category below:". -I only listed a handful of tires for each category. I've never tried the RC1s so I cannot comment on them. If your sponsor would like to send me a set for a review, I would be more than happy to try them out ;)

Very well written article Billy!
Thanks!

Because "I have arbitrarily listed some examples for each category below:". -I only listed a handful of tires for each category. I've never tried the RC1s so I cannot comment on them. If your sponsor would like to send me a set for a review, I would be more than happy to try them out ;)

Thanks!
You can probably still get them cheaper than I can but I will see what I can do! Text me your preferred sizes when you get a sec

Back