The Daily Driver Bug must have bitten

Greetings

I pulled out onto Highway 17 north heading for the 280 interchange this morning in Black Beauty. I noticed as I got close to my exit onto 280 north that there was a black G1 -- 3 or 4 cars behind me in traffic -- I don't know who owns it.

Took the loop to get onto 280 north and I drove past a yellow G1 that was queued in the on ramp to merge onto 280 north -- again, no idea who owns it.

Took Lawrence exit north and saw a silver G1 going the same direction. I lost him in traffic and do not know where he got off of the expressway. I have never seen that many on the road in a dozen miles of traffic before. I guess the daily driver bug bit the other drivers -- I drive mine to work every day.

Cheers,
Martin

I think he means Gen1.

Odd way of referencing the pop-up light guys, but oh well. :tongue:

we really need to come up with a OFFICIAL DENOMINATION on prime.

I am getting tired of Na1 vs Na2 vs 91-01 vs 02+ vs 3.0 vs 3.2 vs AT been 3.0 vs Na2 Coupes vs Na1 3.2 vs Na1 3.0 vs Na2 02+ vs 95-95 targa Na1 vs 02+ Na1/2 for 3.0 engines ... arghhhhhhhh arguments ..

We really need a final name.

maybe the names should be:

Gen 1 "style" : 91-01 (no matter if it's 2001 3.2 Na2 or a 91 Na1 coupe)

Gen 2 "style" : 02-05 facelift + asslift jobs

or IF the engine makes the difference when been more specific:

Na1 3.0
Na2 3.2
Na2 02+
02+ 3.0 AT

People should use those from now on examples:

"Oh I saw a Gen 1 Style body @ the highway"
"Oh I saw Oscar's Na2 3.2 @ the meeting"
"Oh i saw a blue gen 2 style @ the parking lot"
"There's a 02+ 3.0 AT yellow for sale (it's obvious is a Na1 engine)"

:mad:

Last edited:
Greetings

I called them G1 and G2 because several of my owner friends call them that. My peve is when people mistakenly refer to a car as NA1 or NA2 when that has no relationship to all years of production.

Cheers,
Martin

just call them all......X's:wink:

I like the "G" designation...G-daddy driving mynizzle foshizzle to the superbizzle.:biggrin:

just call them all......X's:wink:

oh-no-you-didnt.jpg

Let's keep it simple NA1 and NA2......then only NSX guys will know what we are referring too.

Bram

Greetings

This is simpler. NA1 and NA2 are complicated -- how can you tell the engine, transmission, and year when seeing one in traffic. G1 and G2 are simple.

Cheers,
Martin

How can you tell a 02+ from a 91 with the 02+ face lift while driving on the street? Is that a G1, G2 or a G1 Poser?

How can you tell a 02+ from a 91 with the 02+ face lift while driving on the street? Is that a G1, G2 or a G1 Poser?

OR how can you tell a 02+ with a 91 face lift while driving on the street? Is that a G1, G2 or a G2 Poser? HMM :tongue:

Back