The $10,000 NSX question

*Only NSX gurus need apply to answer this question*

How many 97-2001 NSX Coupes (not the Targa) were sold in North America? I have been sifting through some of the production info in the FAQ section and can only seem to find info for the 97 and 98 model years. According to the data for 97-98 there are only 9 NSX coupes with manual transmissions built! yikes...

The reason I am asking is because I feel the NSX of my dreams is a 3.2 litre, manual coupe. Even though I like the new headlights, etc on the 2002+ cars (I believe the coupe was never offered with the 2002 update, not even for a special order, but maybe I'm wrong) , I still love the black roof of a the coupes and the added rigidity and would sacrifice the new look of the 2002+ cars for this. Anyways, please help me on my quest for the NSX of my dreams. Thanks in advance

hopeful_nsx said:
*Only NSX gurus need apply to answer this question*
:D

hopeful_nsx said:
How many 97-2001 NSX Coupes (not the Targa) were sold in North America?
For the United States, Ben has your answer, here. For Canada, all we have are sales totals (not broken down by body style) per calendar year (not model year), here.

hopeful_nsx said:
The reason I am asking is because I feel the NSX of my dreams is a 3.2 litre, manual coupe.
Because of the rarity of the coupes, it would be easier to look for a Zanardi Edition NSX, which is also a 3.2-liter six-speed coupe; more of those were sold (50) than all other 3.2-liter coupes combined.

I've seen a couple of Zanardi edition cars. But I feel like I would be a sinner to mod one of those cars... right? Thanks for the quick reply and help

hopeful_nsx said:
I've seen a couple of Zanardi edition cars. But I feel like I would be a sinner to mod one of those cars... right? Thanks for the quick reply and help

Well you'll never know if you want to mod it until you drive it. Plus, you could just keep the stock parts.

hopeful_nsx said:

I just got off the phone with Alessandro and he said it was ok to mod the thing to your heart's content. :)

I'm not even sure why they made a "Zanardi edition. In 43 Grand Prixs he has 0 wins, 0 podium finishes, 0 pole positions and 0 fastest laps. They should have named a Porsche after him.

Ayrton Senna on the other hand in 162 Grand Prixs won 3 World Championships, has 41 wins, 80 podium finishes, 65 pole positions and 19 fastest laps.

I say take every Zanardi edition and make a rice mobile out of it. :) Maybe that's why they only made 50 cars. Someone at Honda told them to stop after they realized that he sucks.

JohnJW said:
hmm sounds like you should or could rebadge it "Senna Edition"......sound kinda nice

They already made a "Senna Edition"... It had even more radical weight saving modifications than Zanardi... Less than 200kg and only 2 wheels from memory... :smile:

Attachments

• VP354078_1a.jpg
    VP354078_1a.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 112
Holy crap, I was going to start to look for a 1997 black coupe, that means I better have best luck to find one

:frown: :frown:

I don't want a NSX-T because I'm shy and would never take the targa off. Hmmm... :frown:

hopeful_nsx said:
I've seen a couple of Zanardi edition cars. But I feel like I would be a sinner to mod one of those cars... right?
You could think of it as a preventative measure to the GFCP addiction. :smile:

BTW, did nsxtasy claim the $10,000?

Back