THE 02 NSX most powerful NSX ever produced?

I remember somebody said that but I forgot whom and why is the 02 most powerful NSX.

Btw. old topic.. is the 91-3 twin plate clutch? hows it differ from the single plate?

here are some pix from the Boston Auto Show last week.. howcome the front spoiler's removed? does that reduce somce drag?

nsxfront.JPG

nsxside.JPG

nsxrear.JPG

</A>

and seriously.. I think pre 02 looks better.. the 02 looks somewhat like a cat..

------------------
the art of chasing down my friend's white 3000gt at com. ave

NSXCA # 1690 "Sabrina"

[This message has been edited by BostonNSX (edited 13 November 2002).]

The '02 Type-R is the most powerfull NSX produced by Honda other than the race cars they sell to teams. The regular '02 has the same power output here as the 2001. The 91-96 models in the U.S. have the twin plate clutch setup. This is to reduce the moment of inertia on the clutch's rotating mass. The twin disc clutch has smaller diameter discs while the single plate has a larger diameter disc. Most have noted that the factory single does not "shudder" like the oem twin disc. The difference between the two is a give and take. For all out performance on the NSX, the twin discs are much better. It does not use the dual mass flywheel design of the oem single, which is very heavy.

Originally posted by BostonNSX:
I remember somebody said that but I forgot whom and why is the 02 most powerful NSX.

Btw. old topic.. is the 91-3 twin plate clutch? hows it differ from the single plate?

here are some pix from the Boston Auto Show last week.. howcome the front spoiler's removed? does that reduce somce drag?

------------------
www.acrmotorsports.com / 949-929-8973

[This message has been edited by ACR_Motorsports (edited 13 November 2002).]

Originally posted by BostonNSX:

There still a front chin spoiler on the '02s. I wonder why it's missing on the one you saw at the show?

2002yellow.jpg

The woman at the display said that they left it off to get it in and out of the truck. Did you notice the big nick in the paint near the right side edge of the wing? Are those little circles under the lights for European washer systems? That piece under the wing really looks tacked on. All in all, though, still one of the best looking cars at the show.

------------------
Happy Motoring At all Costs!

Originally posted by JPS Europa:
The woman at the display said that they left it off to get it in and out of the truck. Did you notice the big nick in the paint near the right side edge of the wing? Are those little circles under the lights for European washer systems? That piece under the wing really looks tacked on. All in all, though, still one of the best looking cars at the show.

which one do you mean? were you at the show?

Originally posted by JPS Europa:
Are those little circles under the lights for European washer systems?

No... they are access holes to get at the bolts that hold the front end in place. Not too elegant a solution, but that's what you get when you change cosmetic parts without changing the mounting locations.

EDR

No, I have a green '94. I need to get out in the NSX or the Europa today... Maybe both. Snow tomorrow!! Hopefully they behave with the sand and salt. I am not ready for the season to be over.

------------------
Happy Motoring At all Costs!

I thought they were for the tow hooks...

Originally posted by erobbins:
No... they are access holes to get at the bolts that hold the front end in place. Not too elegant a solution, but that's what you get when you change cosmetic parts without changing the mounting locations.

EDR

Back