Thanks to those that serve.

Given whats going on over in Iraq, lets not lose sight of whats really at the heart of the matter and what we as a nation are all about, and not what those that portray us as within our borders and outside of them as well.

Attachments

• att000491.jpg
    att000491.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
pic44.jpg

Tom,

Excellent thread. I think these images are what the newspapers should be showing to us and the rest of the world that thinks we shouldn't be there but I guess it isn't newsworthy to them.

Please keep the pictures coming and God bless our troops.

Donate

Thanks, Tom.
If anyone wishes to show their appreciation through a donation, there are a few organizations where you can contribute, I chose to do so at Project Homefront.

pi050304a1.jpg

Soldiers with the 1st Cavalry Division talk with local Iraqi children in Baghdad, Iraq, May 1, 2004. U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Quinton Russ

The beauty of the photo above is the little girl w/her hand over her mouth and the ranger looking to her. I imagine they shared something funny perhaps he asked her if the little boy is her boyfriend.

It makes you wonder why you just don't see atleast a tiny bit of this reported stateside and thankful that those guys and many more have our back and are trying to make sure the real bad guys don't harm that girl or my little girl too.

Since Tom started this thread with a kitten picture here is one for the dog lovers:

l1121656.jpg

U.S. Marine Cpl. Michael Keith, of Coeurd'Alene, ID, from the 1st Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, carries a puppy he found while patroling around a lake in Kandari, Iraq, Thursday, May 13, 2004. The unit adopted the puppy and named him "Killer." (AP Photo/Jim MacMillan)

Back