Test Pipes for a 2001

I have tried to find a source but thus far no luck. The test pipes one can get tend to be for the earlier model cars. Makes sense because of the numbers. I finally decided to have some made. While they are not stainless steel they are made out of aluminumized steel. The guy I used is the same fellow who several years ago fabricated a complete exhaust for me. I kept that for awhile and then finally sold it because it was getting too loud.

Now, I wanted something a bit louder than what I have (the grass is always greener). So that was the reason behind the test pipes. They did in fact increase the sound. So for now I like it. I need to get some extensions for the O2 sensors. I purchased a couple spark plug extensions however they did not allow the sensor to screw in. I would have to have them drilled out. I may have to make some my self. I wondered if my car would feel like it had more power. Thus far I would say it had no effect on the acceleration. I am running 5 lbs of boost with the comptech. They guy did a great job by using identical attachments used by the cats. They are spring loaded to allow for minor movement.

I kept that for awhile and then finally sold it because it was getting too loud.

Now, I wanted something a bit louder than what I have (the grass is always greener).

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Back