Tein Suspension Questions

Is anybody using or has anybody had any experiance with the TEIN FLEX OR TEIN MOMNO-FLEX suspension package offered by SOS? i am looking to get this system and would like feedback on the ride, adjustability and reliability of this suspension. thanks...Dave

I've had both the flex and mono-flex.....

Liked the flex love the mono... its in my 97 now.

I've got the mono-flex. I love it too. The EDFC is definitely worth the extra $$$. It's so nice to be able to adjust the damper on the fly.

ordered mine from SOS today....... if anybody else is looking, Chris at SOS is top notch..... cant say enough.... ANYTHING i need for my car i will look to him first....

Going to be buying some Tein RA's from a friend.. how do these compare to the flex/mono flex? I know you can't use the EDFC (which kind of sucks).....

I never track my car and the streets in my area are pretty poor... thoughts? thanks!

IMO I say the Tein RA or RE are better than the Flex due to the weight for the track. the Flex has a steel body construction versus aluminum body on the RA\RE.

For the street the Flex would be a better choice, because the RA\RE ride is a bit firm.

IMO I say the Tein RA or RE are better than the Flex due to the weight for the track. the Flex has a steel body construction versus aluminum body on the RA\RE.

For the street the Flex would be a better choice, because the RA\RE ride is a bit firm.

Hmm these are still 16 way adjustable for the shocks right?

Also how much can you lower the car? for example, you can have the car at OEM height or slam it if you want to right? Thanks

Hmm these are still 16 way adjustable for the shocks right?

Also how much can you lower the car? for example, you can have the car at OEM height or slam it if you want to right? Thanks

Yes they are 16 way adjustable. The difference between TEIN RE and the RA, the RE add full-length adjustment system. Ride height is adjustable without changing the preload of spring.

The Flex also has the same ride height adjustment as the RE.

Yes they are 16 way adjustable. The difference between TEIN RE and the RA, the RE add full-length adjustment system. Ride height is adjustable without changing the preload of spring.

So does that mean that the RA is more difficult to adjust for the ride height? Or its just not *as* adjustable as the RE? :confused: thx

Had another question: can you set the Tein RA coilovers to the OEM ride height or is there only a small range of motion to raise / lower the car? Thanks!

hey Chris it turns out that the suspension I just got today is the Tein RE's not the RA's... I'm guessing thats a good thing? :D Cant wait to get this stuff installed!

I like the RE better than RA, good luck with your installation.

Thanks man ... I have to get the dust boots replaced since most of them are torn. Going to drop them off at the Tein office in Downey, CA... they are going to inspect the parts. The dust boots though have to be special ordered from Japan... So hopefully I can get them in time.

Do youguys run the stock Tein spring rates, or do you find that creates too much overstear?

I have no clue as to what spring rates to use... Can anyone help me out here?

I have 10k fronts and I had to order 10K springs for the rear (part #SJ100-01200).

The Tein RE come with 10K front and 12k rear. You can also reduce oversteer by

Adjusting the front shock to a Stiffer setting
Bigger front sway-bar
Decrease front tire pressure or increase rear tire pressure

I have 10k fronts and I had to order 10K springs for the rear (part #SJ100-01200).

The Tein RE come with 10K front and 12k rear. You can also reduce oversteer by

Adjusting the front shock to a Stiffer setting
Bigger front sway-bar
Decrease front tire pressure or increase rear tire pressure

hmm well my question was how do I know what to set the pre-load adjustments to when I install them on the car? Right now the springs are loose with the pillowball mount holding them on...

Chris, (or anyone) do you have any bounce in your setup? I just got my RE's installed today.... after a 12 hour ordeal..... A friend and I installed my new brakes and coilovers. Now that they are on, I enjoy the drop but I'm getting significant bounce from what I'm guessing is the pre-load from the springs.

What do I need to do to eliminate this? I have all 4 shocks set to full soft.

The ride height is great and it handles like a dream... its just that when I go over a bump on the freeway at speed the car bounces and is back to its normal stance. Anyone have any tips? thanks! :biggrin:

I am running the same as above. No bounce here.

what do you have your dampers set to? Also what is your pre-load set to as well?

Back