Tein RA suspension setup

I'm intested in feedback from those that have this suspension setup.
I'm also specifically interested if anyone has put the Tein Ra suspension on a targa? Would this be overkill, i.e. too stiff?

Chris's website shows 8kg/mm-12kg/mm spring rates for front and 10kg/mm-14kg/mm for rears. I believe that translates to 446lb/in-670lb/in front and 558lb/in-781lb/in rear.

My 97 targa is currently stock except stiffer sway bar and is used primarily for street with some minor track time. thanks!

I have the TEIN setup on my 92. When I first installed it and drove the car (for about 500 miles) all I could think of was "God damn this thing rides like a brick on skateboard wheels"...

However, that was due to the fact that the suspension comes at max "firm" setting out of the box... after taking 30-45 minutes of "tuning" and driving my car up and down this semi-bumpy road I got it dialed in to a nice, comfortable "bounce" level.

Then I took it out and drove a twisty road digging into the corners. Made a few more minor adjustments on the dial and now Im very happy with the results.

The TEIN is really easy to adjust using a little tool, and the adjustment levels are amazing. It rotates 3 full turns which is about 24-26 "clicks".

After adjusting it out, I found a nice level that is suitable for the street but still provides great support in the twisties.

On the track, im sure my settings would change a bit, but overall Im happy with the performance and would recommend them to others.

The price tag is a little more than a conventional "springs and strut" setup... but you know what they say... you get what you pay for.

-B

I would agree in that regard that it would be an overkill if you don't track the car. However its definetly a nice setup if you feel the desire to fork out the extra cash
smile.gif

-B

Originally posted by kristansx:
Thoughts on Tein-RE ride quality if never tracked?

The RE and the RA are the same shock system with the only difference being the height adjustment options and the price.

------------------
need more info? please private me @

[email protected]

Mark Johnson, CEO of Custodial Services @ Dali Racing, a Not For Profit Company.

I use the RA set-up on the street and I feel very comfortable on it .You get what you pay for .Expressways are a blast. LIke a monkey swingin' thru the trees!!!

------------------

And the question was
rolleyes.gif

"I'm also specifically interested if anyone has put the Tein Ra suspension on a targa?"

Did you ever get the answer to the Targa ......
frown.gif

We T owners are so underrepresented and unappreciated ........ how about a recall or was that a recount .....
wink.gif

just kidding around ....

As Mark Basch has reminded us of in the past, a lot of the ride quality comes from deciding to run the stock upper mounts or aluminum upper mounts supplied with the TEIN suspension. The aluminum upper mounts offer no compliance. Good for performance, not so good for your butt.

While I will sound biased on this, I prefer the TEIN suspension to the stock setup even for road use. I have the race buckets and aluminum upper mounts on my car, and it's not stiff at all. This is one of those "personal preference" things.

I currently have 3 customers with TEIN suspension with targa NSX. The general comments I have heard is that on very rough roads, you will notice additional cowl shake. However, with the top on, there is no noticeable increase in shake, and they have been very happy with the modification.

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://sacramento.nsxca.org/Events/thunderhill_driving_school_4-02.htm

Chris,

Let me know when you really want a truly unbiased and discrimianting beta evalution of a TEIN on a T ..... and THill is around the corner ...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hrant

Back