tattoo designs (what do you guys think)

hey everyone!

im not a tattoo buff myself; but my brother is into them. i just recently designed a tattoo that was then translated into the final product you see below. what do you guys think?

11481304_l.jpg

I'm not a big fan but that is certainly "different" and kinda cool, I guess. Is there some special significance?

the tattoo is based on a biblical text: PSALM 91:4

He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart

the artist who did the final tattoo rendition is someone by the name of tom berg... he did the tattoo designs for "red dragon" the movie and some other celebs... he's very good...

JDMnsxR said:
the tattoo is based on a biblical text: PSALM 91:4

Yeh, I knew that much! I did not know what the figure symbolized.

Psalm 91:4

He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;

His truth shall be your shield and buckler.

You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,

Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

Thanks for posting the tat and motivating me to look up this psalm and read it. :)

Nice, i like your abstract concept version more!. I recently had more done from my own designs also, but i'm into tribal stuff :)

That's a very cool Tatt. I like the concept even better because it's more simplistic and chiseled.

Do you like this guy's tattoo??? (seeif you recognize him too ;) ) :D

Attachments

• stallone_nsx_tattoo.jpg
    stallone_nsx_tattoo.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 226
Is that from Over the Top?

The artwork is solid, but a bit sinister looking to represent a bible passage if you ask me.:rolleyes: It looks demonic.

yeh i guess that makes sense... my brother sort of wanted a 'darker' image that maybe on first read is a dark/negative/demonic imagery, but the passage is what gives meaning to the image, and therefore allowing the viewer to take a second glance i guess...

Back