Targa top off cause cowl?

Hello, New to NSX Prime, I am considering a used NSX(1994 or newer), can someone answer a simple question in regard to the targa top? Does the car's structural intergrity suffer with the top off? I have a 1986 Supra Targa and it is extremely noticiable when the top is off that the car seems to bend. Thank you rjw

You may notice a small amount of cowl shake on jittery road surfaces, but it is negligble. The NSX has a very stiff body structure.

S.L.

With the roof off, cowl shake is very noticeable in my opinion. You can really feel in the steering wheel negotiating corners and driving over imperfections in the road. However, it is fun driving around with roof off when the weather permits.

^^^ I agree with Cerberus. The first time I took the top off I was surprised at the amount of rigidity it does provide when installed.

That said, for the sun on my head, the wind in my hair, the windows down, I can put up with ALOT of cowl shake on the drive home from work.

zoomnsx said:
The Type R chassis bars (2) helped reduce cowl shake in mine.

What else have you done to improve the handling? I have considered changing to larger adjustable sway bars. My biggest complaint is the excessive understeer in tight low speed corners. It drives me crazy.

CerberusM5 said:
What else have you done to improve the handling? I have considered changing to larger adjustable sway bars. My biggest complaint is the excessive understeer in tight low speed corners. It drives me crazy.

I also have the Comptech adjustable sway bars, Koni Sport, H&R springs, and
17/18 wheels.

zoomnsx said:
I also have the Comptech adjustable sway bars, Koni Sport, H&R springs, and
17/18 wheels.

How did the various suspension mods change your car's handling characteristics? Do you have much understeer in tight corners? Thanks.

Back