targa seals

Hi Primers,

Am I correct to understand that 97+ NSXs are ALL targa tops (except for zanardis)?... aside from less structural rididity, has anyone experienced leaks with targas during heavy rains?... also, has anyone observed paint and seal problems on the targa panel from being stored above the engine where it can get hot?... thanks!

i've got no problems. Just take care of the seals. Either use some 303 or Shinetsu Grease and keep the seals well maintined. I think they are around a grand a piece for the seals.

Yeah.. the Targa seals start to go bad. I've got 85K, 1998.
Used Shintzu grease but still leaks a little under heavy rain :rolleyes:

I've heard tricks using Wax paper to incresae the friction.. haven't tried it yet.

My 95 with 98K miles doesn't leak, but they do squeak occasionally. About once a year I grease them up to keep that under control.

i've got no problems. Just take care of the seals. Either use some 303 or Shinetsu Grease and keep the seals well maintined. I think they are around a grand a piece for the seals.

This is true. Parts and labor are around $1300 - the stripping material alone is around a grand - apparently it is one piece that goes all around both doors so be very careful with your weatherstripping.

I had mine replaced recently and it is leaking so I need to take it back to see what they can do to readjust it.

Back