Taitec Street Car Supercharged(or)Ferrari??

If you had the choice of either one to replace your current NSX.Any color,any aftermarket mods included but must be "streetable".:P

------------------

I'd take the Ferrari, sell it, use some of the proceeds to buy an NSX like mine, and take the huge amount of money left over and invest it.
biggrin.gif

Ken, I agree totally. Even if you splurged and bought a new NSX you'd have a great deal left over.

------------------
Jason

I forgot your not allowed to do that.No selling and buying two or three NSX,s.Just straight out purchase.Any mods pick the car .

------------------

Why would you want that,or do you just prefer that car?

id take a 355gts, with tubi exhaust,and autoauthority chip,and kn filters.

------------------

I would buy the small scale one the gentleman took 15 years to put together. That way I could put it up on a shelf. I then would not worry about where it was going to leave me broken down on the side of the road!

NSX. All the way. You said streetable. To me, streetable = durability and reliability. The NSX has that. The F doesn't. So F the F, give me the NSX.

The only thing I like about Ferrari's are the sound... and the looks of the F355. But for some reason, the NSX's styling gets me more. Now as for the 2002 NSX...

I think the NSX with the complete TAITEC body blows away any ferrari's looks(whell then theres an F-50 & 60)But I hardly think I,d find that car daily driver friendly.Remember I said ANY MODS ''motor included'' and there being an unlimited # of dollar for mods starting from the block bottom to the top I'm sure (with unlimeted funds)we could find that Ferrari sound and performance and still maintain better reliability.

------------------

Give me the New Lamborghini Murcielago in Yellow. Looks very nice. And now that Audi owns the company, first service is recomended at 60k miles.

I'd love to see Lambo join the family with NSX or modern cars (and show Ferrari how Stupid they look with major service$$ needed at 15k and 30k miles).

Is that true about the new Murcielago "every 60K"?I think I read something that also said the entire motor and tranny didn't have to be removed for it's tune ups either anymore.I wonder what it's cost/mile to run would be now?

------------------

Originally posted by NSXocto:
Give me the New Lamborghini Murcielago in Yellow. Looks very nice. And now that Audi owns the company, first service is recomended at 60k miles.
of course, some are (already) arguing that by doing this, Audi has neutered the Diablo and taken away its "soul"

Livable exotics? Gotta be an oxymoron...
smile.gif

seeing as i keep seeing posts on ferrari and lambo unreliability, i thought id put my 2 cents in. having owned several older 308's, 328's and a testarossa in the past, i have to say there reliability was quite good, actually, i never had a problem throughout my years of ownership, although i only had the testarossa for about 6 months, hated that car. in terms of lambo reliability, im on my 3rd, owned the first 2 for about 3 years, and they were also terrific. my old 1987 countach, which people say is the most unreliable car, had approximately 70,000km, the motor was never out, original clutch, and one valve adjustment. the lambos are far easier maintenence wise then ferraris, since they use timing chains, not belts. i cant speak for my new sv had it only about 3 months, same as my acura. no problems yet. my friend has a 98 sv, owned since new, same mods as mine including 150 shot, 3 years of drag racing, 200mph + blasts, daily driven, 45,000 miles, never had a problem. in terms of the new murcielago, that should be a beast, preliminary tests by a german mag put performance @ 3.5 to 60mph, and the quarter mile in 11.5 @123. cant wait for that one. in terms now of my acura's reliability, 3 months = 1 water pump failure=$1000.00, including new timing belt. chalk a point up for the lambo!

"If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

I'll be the one who tells me whats possible today.If not today definatly tomorrow.Besides its not a matter of having enough $$$ its more if the product holds enough value to the buyer.Even my friends that make a seven figure
income ask questions like that.I used to think the way you do and "for me" nothing was possible.Remember, you dont even know who you speak with and what resources are available to
that person.
Merry X-mas

------------------

Can't take a joke, huh? Seems to be more and more a problem around here.
rolleyes.gif

The statement "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" is AN OLD JOKE, often repeated.

Lighten up, people...

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 17 December 2001).]

seeing as i keep seeing posts on ferrari and lambo unreliability, i thought id put my 2 cents in.

Thanks for the input and that just backs up what I have learned.That when you let the car sit for a month at a time start it,dont let ot warm up,and go racing out of the driveway the car is going to be an undependable pile of cr@#[email protected] when you know how to use a clutch properly and warm-up procedures.The car will be more dependable.Maybe not as forgiving as some cars "but" I have heard records like yours by more than one.

------------------

No "I" can certainly take a joke and do it all day.I am just speaking frankly and didn't assume that that was your motive, being that you usually speak facts with conviction that you have the answer and in many cases I felt you had done the research to get it.Thats it.Enough said
After I press enter to post I already let that go.Not butthurt here.AAAAAnyway,blah blah,blah...

------------------

Having put quite a few miles on a Ferrari 355 Spider, I can say that other than the attention you get and the sound, the NSX beats it in every regard.

I remember the first time I drove a 355 (which was the first time I ever drove a Ferarri)... I was sooo disappointed. I was constantly thinking how much better my Zanardi was... faster, better handling, better built, etc. I was like, '375 HP? WHERE?'

Thank God Ferrari removed my disillusionment with the 360 Modena. Now THAT'S the Ferrari I'd dreamed about since I was a kid.

-Z18

Originally posted by Lud:
Those are Italian HP.... It converts to around 300 real HP
wink.gif

Agreed on the 355 (hey, did Doug Hyashi ever dyno his?), but the 360 really does have 395 HP. The 550 and F40 I drove also felt like they really had what was claimed, though I never dyno'd them like I did my 360.

-Z18

Back