Taitec GTLW

Hi,

Anyone here living in NYC or long island currently running the Taitec GTLW exhaust on their NSXs? Is it possible for me to check out how loud it is in person this weekend before I go ahead to buy one?

Thanks,
Bernard

I have driven a 2000 NSX with it and didn't like it as it had a drone between 2000 and 3000 RPM and a tinny raspyness to it. The car was stock otherwise no aftermarket header or intake. Remember that year had factory headers so it will be diffrerent on an earlier car with manifolds. It was about 1 or 2 years old at the time. I am not sure if anything else was wrong with it and I didn't buy the car or had it checked out further as it had other issues.

Come hear my Bel Canto Soprano this Sunday and see if you like it.

Tytus

I am running RSR quad-tip currently on my otherwise stock 98 NSX-T. I wanted to get 02+ rear valence but it will be kinda tight with the tips, which is why I thought about the taitec. I dont want to have any drone if possible and dont want to wake up the neighbor coming in and out of my garage.

Sunday works for me. Are you going to the bear mountain run?

I am running RSR quad-tip currently on my otherwise stock 98 NSX-T. I wanted to get 02+ rear valence but it will be kinda tight with the tips, which is why I thought about the taitec. I dont want to have any drone if possible and dont want to wake up the neighbor coming in and out of my garage.

Sunday works for me. Are you going to the bear mountain run?

Yes I am going on Sunday, see the Bear Mountain thread for more details and indicate your prefered time. I am waiting on a response from Simon if he will make it on Sunday to set the time. I am free all day so if you want to meet earlier we can.

Also I saw that there is a regular Taitec not light weight for sale that aparently does not drone. Check out the Vendor forum section.

Tytus

I've got a gtlw with cats.I think the drone is overated.Without cats Larry B said my exhaust was a 10/10 for loud.With cats its 7-8.So overall it is loud compared to stock.Not an exhaust I would get if I wanted only a subtle increase in noise over the oem.

Back