Taitec exhaust...amazing sound!

I've been researching different brands and exhaust types for the NSX.

I keep coming back to the Taitec GT009 (TAITEC S-TAI Racing Exhaust). I just can't get over the sound that it makes. :eek:

I wish it was dual tip...the single tip canister kind of bothers me. I think police would have a problem with this one, especially driving around town. :wink:

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ad1XphQUj1Q&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object><object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gH69srSQlMU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

I definitely like the sound in the first video. You can really hear the car coming from a distance. It is the kind of sound that makes you go H#$$ C$% whats that :eek:

I can see getting a few noise tickets for sure :tongue:

Never mind the exhaust...I want the road in Vid 1 in easy reach. What a sweet bit of tarmac to play on!

You know Grybrd, we oughta round up at the Dragon's Tale next year. That's not too far from you or me. That would be cool wouldn't it. Did you watch Hugh's video of that trip just recently? What do you think?

That exhaust is too loud....I can already tell just by the youtube clip.....thats basically a racing exhaust......the GTLW is plenty loud already....then you have the jgtc parallel which is louder, then you have this screaming eagle here.....:eek:

Theres no way I would put that on my car and be able to hear myself think.

if you have a chance to hear it in person- do it. the clips give you some 'idea' but it will not reflect the real volume.

Agreed, but it screams pull me over and no thank you to that.....I am already scared driving at night with my set up already.

I definitely like the sound in the first video. You can really hear the car coming from a distance. It is the kind of sound that makes you go H#$$ C$% whats that :eek:

I really liked the sound of the nsx approaching but was not impressed with the actual fly by sound.

That exhaust is too loud....I can already tell just by the youtube clip.....thats basically a racing exhaust......the GTLW is plenty loud already....then you have the jgtc parallel which is louder, then you have this screaming eagle here.....:eek:

My JGTC parallel is a bit loud but if you granny shift it you wouldn't really notice it.

Hrm. I never really understood why people think the GTLW is so loud... a friend of mine has Cantrell Headers and a GTLW and I really don't find it to be loud at all. Different strokes, I suppose.

I think the older you get the louder they seem...:eek: :smile: :biggrin: It also depends if you have headers.

Hrm. I never really understood why people think the GTLW is so loud... a friend of mine has Cantrell Headers and a GTLW and I really don't find it to be loud at all. Different strokes, I suppose.

Maybe my hearing is better than yours....I dunno...:cool:

But my set up is loud enough to where you can hear me coming from a few blocks away. So to me that is loud.....is it unbearable loud? Course not....but I do need to turn up the radio if I want to drown out the exhaust noise or roll up the windows to have a conversation......

When I rev the car up its loud.....at low cruising its not bad but noticeable.

But super loud is like this exhaust posted or the mufflers with no cats like the gruppe m version 3.

It sounds really good to me. Too bad it has that huge single exit can on the back. I bet if you didn't have to modify the rear valance, they would sell like hotcakes. :biggrin:

Last edited:
The JGTC Paralell didn't seem that loud until my wife heard me say so and then she jumped in and did a few donuts in the parking lot and tested the redline.

it's LOUD

You know what sounds fully badass- the GRF ex-001 Stainless exhaust. I heard it on my Best Motoring NSX exhaust video. Loud and high-pitched.

The JGTC Paralell didn't seem that loud until my wife heard me say so and then she jumped in and did a few donuts in the parking lot and tested the redline.

it's LOUD

same for me with the GTLW, in the car it really doesn't seem that loud, but when I was outside of the car when I had it on the dyno I was like damn that's pretty freakin loud

The in car camera video of them passing thru the tunnel is great, but my god that thing is loud. I can see how this can get old really fast. It appears that it only sounds good at WOT in the higher rpm range.

The hi-pitched F1 wail of some of the exhausts sound sexy as hell but I keep thinking that living with it daily will wear me down :(

I love my Taitec parallel center-exit. Nice deep tone and not very loud at lower rpms.

The hi-pitched F1 wail of some of the exhausts sound sexy as hell but I keep thinking that living with it daily will wear me down :(

I love my Taitec parallel center-exit. Nice deep tone and not very loud at lower rpms.
If my car was a daily driver, I'm not sure I could handle the, um.... BALLS of the GT-ROM 5.1 exhaust I have.

However, since she's a weekend warrior, I absolutely adore it for those times when I need to be just plain LOUD!

Back