Sze Chi's Type R Valve Covers

I installed Peter's Type R valve covers yesterday. Still need to install the Intake Manifold cover when it's ready...

Rear cover from Peter's Engine. It's pretty stained with road salt and the paint is starting to peel off...
IMG_0687.JPG

Rear cover compared to the freshly powdercoated Type R cover
IMG_0689.JPG

Rear cover off. The rear is the hardest as everything is in the way, the strut bar, rear air dam and engine cover. The rear barely fits and removal is a real pain!
IMG_0690.JPG

Rear cover mounted...
IMG_06921.JPG

IMG_0693.JPG

Front cover off and compared to the fresh Type R cover.
IMG_06941.JPG

Front cover mounted.
IMG_0696.JPG

IMG_0699.JPG

Thanks again for lunch Peter. The food was amazing!

Wow, looks great!

I'd love to have this but I would feel so sorry for you to have to get around my blower and everything.

Did he get you to install that CF fan shroud while you were there? :)

Wow, looks great!

I'd love to have this but I would feel so sorry for you to have to get around my blower and everything.

Did he get you to install that CF fan shroud while you were there? :)

Partially. I didn't know exactly how the left bracket was supposed to fit but now looking at the Dali pics, I'll have to try again. It's in there but left bracket isn't in place yet.

I was joking about helping him....PETER!!!! Get your hands dirty you nancy!!!

Your engine is also missing a supercharger.
:biggrin:

My shroud was even harder cuz I had a damn car alarm horn in the way!

Peter, get in there and get to know your baby! :wink:

Here is Peter's completed Intake Manifold with his new NA2 Type R plate. Too bad I used too much flash for this but my hands were dirty and had to run...

IMG_10861.JPG

Awesome job Garrick. Hope Peter is attending Honda Indy next week to show them off.

Peter is on the list. In fact 3 people with my valve covers will be at the show! I'm installing a set for Rick tomorrow morning and Chris has a set as well.

The only one who doesn't have a set and "Should" is ME! :frown:

Back