• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

suspension help

Part id help

driver.jpgSuspension <o:p></o
<o:p>
Hello all NSX peoples <o:p></o
I need some help please from you experts. <o:p></o
I took my car 1992 out the other day and noticed it pulling to the right a bit when I hit the break hard traveling over 50 MPH.<o:p></o
I took it in for an aliment and the tech got the rear perfect but the front wouldn’t allow him to get the left and right side in sync. <o:p></o
After he called me in to talk about the issue I noticed that the bolts on the image attached were different (I only had time to take a photo of the Right side). As the photo shows you can see the bolt at the bottom of this part were as the left one‘s nut is depressed up into the rubber. <o:p></o
Can anyone tell me what one is correct in or out and what suspension part up front this is in case I need to buy a new one or replace the rubber? <o:p></o</o

Last edited:
If anyone know the name of this and if the nut should be into the rubber piece or outside of it .

This is the compliance pivot of the lower control arm (LCA).
It rotates in a counter-clockwise direction around the pivot axis to soften impacts when you hit a bump and steer at the same time.
If you look at it from the side, its actually connected to the upper control arm, so your castor and toe don't change when you hit a bad bump and steering should be uninterrupted.

Here is a better look at one of the castor adjusters (not my car - I don't tolerate this kind of rust):
Caster01.jpg

Last edited:
is your NSx lowered? that may be your issue they have to basiclly max everything out to get it to align

I am lowered on ebachs and they set mine to autocross mode honda spec so they say LOL

I hit speed bumps at 120 and doesnt even faze me LOL take corners at 120 doesnt even make my heart rate go up a beat.

autocross mode but Nikey22 is right

- - - Updated - - -

I must add with BF Goodrich KDWs Fire tread they grip like no other tire but saddly there are like 1 fornt tire left in the USA and they are not making anymore inless someone can get me some Im scared I have to go up in rim size but love my staggered setup 16/17 :mad:

thank you Nikey and Shawn

the car is not lowered its all stock for the most part .

Nikey, can i replace the rubber part ? since one of mine is bad ?

If you want to replace it, you'd have to purchase a new compliance pivot:
51370-SL0-000 PIVOT ASSY., R. FR. COMPLIANCE, its not cheap - ~1000.00

However, I don't know anyone that has had a problem with it. Usually guys buy aftermarket clamps across the pivot to nullify its effects if they track their cars. But like I said, I haven't known anyone with failures of this rubber part.

Back