Sushi restaurant near uc

Hey,guys coming down to uc irvine this week, for my son. He wants to check out the school with that said,dose anybody know of a great sushi restaurant in the uc irvine area??......bill....... Thanks.....................see you at the expo,,,

Hey,guys coming down to uc irvine this week, for my son. He wants to check out the school with that said,dose anybody know of a great sushi restaurant in the uc irvine area??......bill....... Thanks.....................see you at the expo,,,

I don't know of a sushi restaurant, but if you have time you should check out Javier's in Newport Beach. http://javiers-cantina.com/

Great food, atmosphere, and view. The ceviche is awesome! I also hear Kobe Bryant is a regular.

Last edited:
This is the best in that area.

Taiko Japanese Restaurant
14775 Jeffrey Road, Irvine, CA 92618-0403
(949) 559-7190‎
Lunch 11:30am – 2pm
Dinner 5pm–10pm

If you go here get there extra early as the line builds quickly otherwise the wait is forever!!

Last edited:
Wow as luck would have it I will be in Irvine this weekend too!

Is there any places like Santana Row where there's a good mix of dining, night life and just hanging out? I've been to Spectrum many times so trying to avoid that. It doesn't even have to be in Irvine since we don't have a set place to stay so we can be anywhere in socal....

thanks
rick

Wow as luck would have it I will be in Irvine this weekend too!

Is there any places like Santana Row where there's a good mix of dining, night life and just hanging out? I've been to Spectrum many times so trying to avoid that. It doesn't even have to be in Irvine since we don't have a set place to stay so we can be anywhere in socal....

thanks
rick

My cousin lives out by Newport Beach and recommended the following...

Costa Mesa:
Shopping - South Coast Plaza
Nightlife - Sutra

Newport:
Shopping - Fashion Island
Nightlife - Red

Laguna Beach:
Shopping - Downtown. PCH
Nightlife - Club M

My cousin lives out by Newport Beach and recommended the following...

Costa Mesa:
Shopping - South Coast Plaza
Nightlife - Sutra

Newport:
Shopping - Fashion Island
Nightlife - Red

Laguna Beach:
Shopping - Downtown. PCH
Nightlife - Club M

SWEET, thanks brotha! :biggrin:

There is a really good Japanese Restaurant in the Crystal Court across from South Coast Plaza called Hamamori. Makes me salivate just thinking about it - Yes, it's that good!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

There is a really good Japanese Restaurant in the Crystal Court across from South Coast Plaza called Hamamori. Makes me salivate just thinking about it - Yes, it's that good!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
+1 for Hamamori, I am going there tonight:biggrin:

Ikko (Costa Mesa)

Other good eats in the area (non sushi):
Roy's in Newport Beach
Morton's in Costa Mesa
Ruth Chris in Irvine
Tokyo Table in Irvine

Back