Surprised by a DeLorean

I live in a hi-rise condo. When walking to my car early in the morning, I noticed, that a few parking stalls away from me, was parked a DeLorean. I'm not talking about a well taken care of DeLorean. I'm talking about looking at a car which looked liked it was dug up, out of a 'pineapple field'. Red muddy dirt all over the car. I had to do a double-take. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was like it dropped out of a scene from "Back-to-the-Future". According to the sticker on the car, it hasn't been used on the road or registered in two years. A safety sticker is required in Hawaii annually, this one dated Year "2000".
rolleyes.gif

What years did Mr. DeLorean produce these cars?

------------------
"LIVE LIFE with a NSX"

[This message has been edited by Timeless (edited 15 September 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Timeless (edited 15 September 2002).]

1981. But there are a few 1982 and even fewer 1983 models, these were made after he was shut down by if I remember correctly, by the government. I used to own one, great and comfortable car but needed alot of looking after. And slow as hell.

[This message has been edited by bill92nsx (edited 15 September 2002).]

Stupid US legislation at the time. I changed my speedo to the euro which read 170mph. All cars that were in US those years had max85mph--I've seen Ferraris with this speedo--actually quite disturbing, along with vettes.

*** (John DeLorean owns a yellow NSX. I found this on a DeLorean owner's website
smile.gif

Jim, WAY TO GO! Thanks for sharing that picture with all of us...Aloha

------------------
"LIVE LIFE with a NSX"

[This message has been edited by Timeless (edited 16 September 2002).]

Originally posted by Timeless:
Not Hilo, which is located on the "Big Island" of Hawaii, but "Oahu"; Honolulu - Pearl Harbor area...Aloha

And proud to say raised in CHICAGO my first 21 years.

------------------
"LIVE LIFE with a NSX"

[This message has been edited by Timeless (edited 16 September 2002).]

Back