Surboards inside?

Seeing as I'm not taking delivery of my car for another week and I'm dying to find out, does anyone know if I can get a board inside on the passenger side? Obviously floorboard to the rear glass. Longest board will be a 6'8" pintail. (Tho I'm keeping my MDX for the extended missions I might like to drive the car for those quick mid-week sessions) Thanks

No way you could fit a shortboard inside on the passenger side, unless maybe if it sticks out the window. If you have a "T" you could probably rig something up so that it pokes out of the roof though. Takes some pics if you figure something out!

Thanks brutha. There's no way I'll insult my boards or car by sticking them out the roof or window. :wink: Maybe a 6' board? I'll report back in a week or so.

Cool question to a right sider like me. First time I believe that question has ever been asked.:smile:

I don't think it's possible unless you stick the board out the window or targa top. You're aware that there's a glass partition between the passenger compartment and engine compartment, right (not the engine hatch glass)?

I wondered what that clear hard @$#% was behind my head:biggrin:

I'm on a 10'3". Even with the targa off, I think I'm SOL. I'd love to see photos to if you figure it out.

One thing to think about (I have, but for kite surfing) is that if you pull up to a public beach and people see you pull out a surfboard (kiteboard) and head for the water -- they'll know you'll be out of commish for a while. Easy target for your NSX to get stolen.

Easy target for your NSX to get stolen.
My attitude is I won't live my life in fear. I take ordinary precautions and then blaze my own trail. NSX isn't exactly a top-10 stolen car either.

Good luck with the surfboard. I got my doubts that it'll fit.

Seeing as I'm not taking delivery of my car for another week and I'm dying to find out, does anyone know if I can get a board inside on the passenger side? Obviously floorboard to the rear glass. Longest board will be a 6'8" pintail. (Tho I'm keeping my MDX for the extended missions I might like to drive the car for those quick mid-week sessions) Thanks
No way Dude!

My attitude is I won't live my life in fear. I take ordinary precautions and then blaze my own trail. NSX isn't exactly a top-10 stolen car either.

Good luck with the surfboard. I got my doubts that it'll fit.

I think every single NSX would have to be stolen two or three times in order to make that list!

One thing to think about (I have, but for kite surfing) is that if you pull up to a public beach and people see you pull out a surfboard (kiteboard) and head for the water -- they'll know you'll be out of commish for a while. Easy target for your NSX to get stolen.

Not just stolen, but vandelism is another factor. alot of kids like to mess with these cars...jealousy is the only thing that I can think of.

I can barely fit a 141 cm wakeboard in my passenger seat. This is with one end on the front floorboard and the other end at the top of the headrest seat as moved as far back as it will go and reclined. Don't think anything much longer will fit. Think maybe the max you could do is 5 ft long item.

Last edited:
Darn. :frown: Thanks anyway to all that responded. At least my skateboard will fit...:tongue:

What skateboard(s) do you ride?

Not sure what you'd call it. I'm 41 and started skating again after like 20 years of not riding. I recently moved out of Newport and don't get in the water more than 1x a week anymore. I started skating again (maybe 1x a week) at the local park (little bowl, transitions, etc) to stay sharp for surfing. Basically I'm a total hack. I show up at the park with kneee, elbow, and wrist guards and the groms just trip on me. I charge it regardless. :biggrin:

Back