Super Series Karting at Calspeed

I thought I'd start a thread to see who wants to join me for the next race on April 2nd. I've been racing the Soto Karts there for about a year now and absolutely love it. No need to own your own Kart, just show up! The have everything you'll need.
The Super Series is about racing wheel to wheel and is highly competitive. The group of guys that participate (me excluded) are really fast. I struggle to finish midpack.
Here's how the race is set up. You're in the Kart 3 times. First, you get 5 laps to qualify setting you're fastest lap. Next, they take the times and create equal groups. The number of groups depends on how many guys show up. Brads (the organizer) tells me that it's open to 60 drivers max. Yesterday, we had 43. The groups race two 10 lap heat races. After that, the results of qualifying and the heat races puts you in the A, B, C Main which is 15 laps.
What I enjoy most about these races is the wheel to wheel competition. You can go out anytime and set hot laps, but this like entering a Lamans style event. Check out Calspeedkarting.com for more info and to sign up. The track is located at the AutoClub Speedway. Get there at 8 AM for practice and Qualifying starts around 10.
Lets see who wants to show up. Drive your NSX and we'll show the regulars what we're made of. I'll be there, so I'll start a list. You do this and you may get hooked. I know, I did...

1) Wirewizz (John)

I thought I'd start a thread to see who wants to join me for the next race on April 2nd. I've been racing the Soto Karts there for about a year now and absolutely love it. No need to own your own Kart, just show up! The have everything you'll need.
The Super Series is about racing wheel to wheel and is highly competitive. The group of guys that participate (me excluded) are really fast. I struggle to finish midpack.
Here's how the race is set up. You're in the Kart 3 times. First, you get 5 laps to qualify setting you're fastest lap. Next, they take the times and create equal groups. The number of groups depends on how many guys show up. Brads (the organizer) tells me that it's open to 60 drivers max. Yesterday, we had 43. The groups race two 10 lap heat races. After that, the results of qualifying and the heat races puts you in the A, B, C Main which is 15 laps.
What I enjoy most about these races is the wheel to wheel competition. You can go out anytime and set hot laps, but this like entering a Lamans style event. Check out Calspeedkarting.com for more info and to sign up. The track is located at the AutoClub Speedway. Get there at 8 AM for practice and Qualifying starts around 10.
Lets see who wants to show up. Drive your NSX and we'll show the regulars what we're made of. I'll be there, so I'll start a list. You do this and you may get hooked. I know, I did...

1) Wirewizz (John)

1) Wirewizz (John)
2) MCano (Mario)

I know I posted the tread pretty early, but I wanted to let you know soon you could plan. The last race had 43 guys with room for 60. The competition is tough... Put yourself on the list even if it's a tentative (go to the web site to register). I've done a number of these races, so if you have any questions, I've probably got the answer. I didn't say earlier, but drive your car. You'll be among enthusiast!

If you go, you will get hooked!

I'm in! Do I register here or on their website? I saw the course last week looks like fun. I was doing an auto-X next to that track.

I know I posted the tread pretty early, but I wanted to let you know soon you could plan. The last race had 43 guys with room for 60. The competition is tough... Put yourself on the list even if it's a tentative (go to the web site to register). I've done a number of these races, so if you have any questions, I've probably got the answer. I didn't say earlier, but drive your car. You'll be among enthusiast!

If you go, you will get hooked!

I'm in! Do I register here or on their website? I saw the course last week looks like fun. I was doing an auto-X next to that track.

I'm already signed up, but I would like to get some practice laps in before the race. I'll post on this thread the date(s) in which I plan to go to the track during their open seesion dates. Perhaps you and wirewize (John) would also be interested joining me.

Best,

Mario

g3driver, go to their site and register. Put youself on this list, so we'll be looking for you! Drive your NSX. Mario, that would be great! Post when you'd like to practice and I'll try to join you. I can definitely use some practice. Also, saw your car at Niguel Motors! Pick it up and maybe I'll see you at the monthly meeting Thursday.

John

g3driver, go to their site and register. Put youself on this list, so we'll be looking for you! Drive your NSX. Mario, that would be great! Post when you'd like to practice and I'll try to join you. I can definitely use some practice. Also, saw your car at Niguel Motors! Pick it up and maybe I'll see you at the monthly meeting Thursday.

John

Hi John,

Yes, I'm picking my car up today. I need to take light rail and metro link to Laguna Niguel Station, and then Ramon or Tom will pick me up. So, I will be attending the meet tonight.

Well April 2 is almost here and it looks like it's just going to be Mario and I to represent... I can't wait to get my fix!

Current participants for the Saturdays April 2 Race:

1. Wirewizz (John)
  2. MCano (Mario)
  3. Striker525 (Ron)
  4. Your name here

This is my first outdoor karting event. The CalSpeed program and track appears to be a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to competing. Anyone else?

Best,

Mario

Last edited:
Well, the results are in. I came in 51st out of 51 competitors, just behind the blind guy and the guy with one leg. I hope to do better next time. John did much better.

Best,

Mario

Back