Super Autobacs Closing???

While shopping for wheel spacers, I found out that Super Autobacs on Beach Blvd. in Santa Ana is closing. Not too sure about the Covina site. Almost everything is on sale. Tires are 20% off. RT-615's were the first ones to go.

:eek: Damn I better head there and see what I can pick up before they go poof. Sad to hear if it's true. :frown:

didnt you guys hear? autobacs seven filed for bankruptcy and is most likely done for all together.

http://www.autobacs.co.jp/en/news/news_en.php?id=1183

True, but I talked to one of the girl reps at the Covina store and she said that they're just being bought out by a bigger company. Autobacs will still have its name but when you look at the bigger picture, it's not just Autobacs no more.

Drove by the Covina store yesterday and saw a big "Going out of business" banner, but didn't go inside.. so I dunno. Every time i've gone there it's been pretty empty. Will have to look somewhere else to pick up the best motoring dvds right away. :frown:

The stanton store is staying open....they are closing the east coast location.

The stanton store is staying open....they are closing the east coast location.

Was just at the Stanton store yesterday and everything was 20-50% off (where most of the stuff was only 20% off). Also the signs were posted everywhere in the store saying "Going Out of Business" and "Store Closing - Everything Must Go". I was under the impression that it was closing for sure.

One plus side was that they still a lot of inventory left. Though I doubt they had anything NSX specific.

Was just at the Stanton store yesterday and everything was 20-50% off (where most of the stuff was
only 20% off). Also the signs were posted everywhere in the store saying "Going Out of Business" and "Store Closing - Everything Must Go". I was under the impression that it was closing for sure.

One plus side was that they still a lot of inventory left. Though I doubt they had anything NSX specific.

I was there like two weeks ago and asked the store about it closing down....that is what he told me, but oh wells if it closes down that's one less place to go kill sometime at.

I only bought air freshner refills or dvds from them anyways....

Both stores are done. They tried to get another investor to buy them out, but after he saw the financials, he backed out.
THe first week of liquidating is at 20% off, the next week 30, and the final week 50%. The last day of being open is supposed to be April 4.

Well thats too bad.....it was a good place to check out from time to time........their prices were always retail and were not competitive from what I saw......

Latest news is some guy came in and bought all of Autobacs fixtures and inventory for dirt cheap. The new owner is going to reopen the store and may be named GR Sales. They manufacture and sell cheap accessories (like Matrix products), and will use the store to sell their products.

So is the Stanton location officially closed? Waiting to head out there when it was closed so there would be an empty lot. I wanted to take pics of the NSX with the Autobacs sign and building in the background. Maybe grab some garlic fries from Red Robin. :redface:

Hopefully the sign is still up...:confused:

Back