Super Aguri F1 team's web-auction (insolvency)...

Osiris_x11

Gold Member, Moderator: Marketplace
superagurispain2008af1.jpg

As many of you know, the Super Aguri F1 team had to pull-out of competition a few weeks ago due to financial insolvency. No group/principal stepped up to acquire the team/assets, so there is going to be a web-auction this week.

I'm sure there will be some interesting stuff that'll be offered. Also, as Honda F1 supporters/followers, I'm sure many of us were rooting for these guys (Sato & Davidson) as they were the quintessential underdogs, week-after-week.

Anywayz... being State-side, this might be a great opportunity for someone w/ some idle cash to grab up some authentic F1 team equipment, or even score an authentic/modern F1 car, etc'...

www.saf1-auction.com/index.html

Super Aguri to auction off assets

The assets of the failed Super Aguri Formula One team are to be sold in an online auction later this month.

Auctioneers SHM Smith Hodgkinson have been instructed by administrators to sell the assets, including a race car and transporters, between 29-31 July.

The Japanese team withdrew from the world championship due to a lack of funding in May after a planned takeover by Dubai-based Magma Group collapsed.

Much of Super Aguri's funding came from Honda but that help was being cut back.

Founded by Japanese former Grand Prix racer Aguri Suzuki at the end of 2005, Super Aguri did try to stay afloat following the collapse of talks with Magma.

Final talks were held with German automotive company Weigl Group about taking a "substantial shareholding" in the team, but those came to nothing and the Tokyo-based team had to disband.

Are you interested in any of Super Aguri's assets?

Administrators PKF said at the time that they were looking to sell the business "as an on-going concern to a company or individual looking to launch a Formula One or other motorsport operation".

The assets include an SA06 car used in the team's first season in which it finished without registering a single championship point.

Britain's former Aguri driver Anthony Davidson, who is now testing for Honda, warned at the time of the team's withdrawal that it was becoming almost impossible for privately-run teams to survive in F1.

{Among the assets up on the block will be a dozen F1 racing cars, a fleet of transporter trucks and four autoclaves. So if you're looking to buy yourself the remains of an F1 team, this could be your chance.}

01agurifsjy5yf7.jpg

a great opportunity for someone w/ some idle cash to grab up some authentic F1 team equipment,
LOL, who would that be? I couldn't afford one of the umbrella girls. :redface: Oh wait, wrong color; I'm still sprouting wood for the lime green Patron girls. :tongue:

Thats awesome. I had been thinking of buying a F1 team. Lets see - I am going for 2 transporters and 1 car.:biggrin:

I was hoping they would sell a nose or spoiler or a steering wheel. Then maybe, MAYBE I could afford something.

Last edited:
Would make a nice addition to Highcroft Racing's race car collection. :)

a steering-wheel would be nice, perhaps even a seat...

If there is a serious interest in any of the items up for bidding, I have friends/family in the area who can go in for a viewing & provide real-time images/video for closer analysis/consideration.

Also, I have a good friend who works for an air-cargo/freight company in the Greater London area (they deal w/ expedited shipping of oil-recovery equipment, F1 cars/equipment, exotic/classic cars, etc'). If anyone can recall a post I made about an U.K. Mclaren F1 being sold/shipped to L.A. a few years ago, well she was the one who handled all the details.

I was hoping they would sell a nose or spoiler or a steering wheel. Then maybe, MAYBE I could afford something.
Lot #685 should do the trick ...

SA07 Davidson No 23 nose and front wing assembly and assembly jig with stainless steel nose stand and 950mm x 900mm photograph of Anthony Davidson testing the assembly nose in the Spanish Grand Prix 2007 practice session

regards, Paul

Thats a big list! :eek: Literally everything, even used brake discs, which I can't see what value they might hold. Suprised Sato isn't on it as well.

1 Driver...slightly used.

Last edited:
i want this, that... and that!

I'm sure a lot of the consumables and obsolescent stuff that might actually hold some nostalgic value will go for fractions of a pence on the pound!

With such a large lot and the briskness of the auction, seems like a fair amount of stuff will be basically given away. . .

Guys if any of you win anything I used to live in Witney and my Mum still does. Coincidentally I will be staying there next weekend - Friday through to Sunday so if any of you want anything collecting and sending on I'm please to collect etc. If you clubbed together you could do a group buy and consolidate shipping too perhaps ;-)

We have a thread thanks to Osiris at www.nsxcb.co.uk if you want to add anything.

I'll keep an eye on my PM's though from Prime just in case!

Regards,

Matt. :smile:

Back