Sunday, 9/13, Rescheduled Wheels and Wings hosted by Blackhorsegarage in CT.

See Post #10 for an update

Hi guys,

Rain washed out the 8/23 and 8/30 (and the 9/13) dates. Back then, Simon was hoping to get some NSXer's to go for a nice drive to New Milford, CT (About 1.5 hour from NYC).

Blackhorse garage is hosting an event on September 13th from 8 AM to 4 PM at Candlelight Farms Airport. Spectators can enjoy vintage European exotics, muscle cars, biplanes and more for $7 per person and children under 12 are FREE. Show your vintage vehicle for only $10. Judging starts at 10 AM sharp. Click on the link for more info and pictures from previous years:

http://www.blackhorsegarage.com/calendar.php

Since Bruce lives in CT, we are relying on him to shoo away the rain this time. :biggrin::biggrin: But, if Bruce’s anti-rain-dance doesn’t succeed, check the above link to see if the event is still on.

Depending on when people want to arrive there and who can still attend, the mini-caravan of me & Jan meeting Aaron94T on Rt 287 in NJ at the Rt 80/287 interchange (Rt 287 mile marker 42), then us joining Rich, Simon & Andrea in Elmsford is the start of a plan.

Last edited:
Sorry, I will not be able to make this event, now that it has been moved to 9/13. I am committed to the Andiamo Motorcycle Run on the same day. :frown: Have a Great Time Guys. :smile:
Rich

Good news and bad news-

Good news... one of my other cars ( 85 Consulier) took second place at Lime Rock in the "Original Un-restored" class.

Bad news... according to the rain Gods in Connecticut, they told me the next 4 days would be rain. Perhaps if we were willing to sacrifice a Ferrari or Porsche to them, they might reconsider! Although Sunday looks to be the first nice day, the fields could be too muddy for activity. We'll keep an eye on the weather and report back as we get closer to the weekend. Sorry.:frown:

Bruce

All,

Who's planning to attend? Anyone interested in a caravan from NJ (Rt 287 to 684 to 84, etc ). What time? My preference in to hit the Tappan Zee around 9 to 9:30am, but I could be convinced to leave earlier.

Bruce,

I'm getting nervous. The rain was supposed to start today and end Saturday morning. So far, no rain, which probably means it is behind schedule.

Congratulations on your 2nd place at Lime Rock.

Bruce,

What's the rain like in CT? It's a constant drizzle with high winds in NJ, so not that much total rain. Hopefully, things will calm down tomorrow afternoon and the third try will be the charm.

Otherwise, I'll need to invest in some SCUBA gear.

The people at Black Horse are not too happy, and neither are the rest of us. I'm going to check with them tomorrow and see if anything has changed. One of the problems is that the field is primarily grass and it's also used for the airplane take off and landing strips. It seems that if it rains on Saturday, Sunday may be out. Keep your tailpipes crossed!

Bruce

Aaaaaarrrrrgggghhhh! It has now been re-scheduled to 9/27. The field is too soggy for the planes to land.

At present I have a conflict on 9/27 with another event that was rained out and re-scheduled.

that date now conflicts with xpo!!!!

Re: Sunday, 10/11, Rescheduled Wheels and Wings hosted by Blackhorsegarage in CT.

OK - they rescheduled it again. It looks like Jan and I will be able to attend. Anyone else want to try this unique show?

Bruce?
Rich?
Simon?
Frank Spano?
James?

Depending on who attends, etc, we can meet in NJ on Rt287 (RT 80 interchange, for example) and join up with other in NY

Re: Sunday, 10/11, Rescheduled Wheels and Wings hosted by Blackhorsegarage in CT.

OK - they rescheduled it again. It looks like Jan and I will be able to attend. Anyone else want to try this unique show?

Bruce?
Rich?
Simon?
Frank Spano?
James?

Depending on who attends, etc, we can meet in NJ on Rt287 (RT 80 interchange, for example) and join up with other in NY
Frank
I can make this event. When you get others and a time figured out LMK. I can meet you in Elmsford as original plan.
Rich

Rich,

Glad to hear you can make it. Elmsford join-up sounds good. I'll update you as more responses come in.

Frank

Back