Suggestions on where to finance a pre-owned car?

Hey guys,
I think I am getting very close to purchasing a pre-owned NSX (an '04), and doing some research on where to go online. I have tried a few credit unions as others have suggested, but it appears that I cannot meet their membership requirements (I don't work for state or federal agencies or other companies they have listed). Looking online, people suggest capital one, but there rates are 7.9% (which seems high to me) for a pre-owned car but their process is pretty pain free. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can possibly get a loan cheaper? My credit score is very good (from what I have been told) so that should be a non-issue, and I own my other cars and my only "debt" is my home mortgage.
Thanks in advance guys for the advice, looking forward to being a contributing member of the forum!!

I used Alaska Airlines Credit Union. Since the car you're looking at is an '04, you should be able to get into the 5% range no problem.

Come to Bridgewater Acura and snag my 04 with 9k for $68,999 @ 5.9%:biggrin:

Or send me a private message and I can see what I can do for you. If your credit is A1 (score of 720+) I can get you in the low 6% range up to 5 1/2 years and around 6.5% for 6 years. PM me if interested. :biggrin:

I bought my 91 about 20 months ago, using Capitol One, and was able to get a 5.05% rate. Seems pretty good to me! That includes a .5% reduction by having my payments auto-debited.

-Josh

EDIT: (5-year note)

The Kid said:
Come to Bridgewater Acura and snag my 04 with 9k for $68,999 @ 5.9%:biggrin:

Can I get those payments stretched out to say...oh, maybe 20 years?
:)

I used BECU (they don't require you work for Boeing anymore)..my credit was good but not 720 good and I got 4.65% ..keep shopping.

Check your local credit unions. They are pretty good about rates and such. I am going to use my alma mater's CU for my car loan.

Good luck.

zahntech said:
I used BECU (they don't require you work for Boeing anymore)..my credit was good but not 720 good and I got 4.65% ..keep shopping.

I used BECU on my 350Z...was able to get 5.03%. But they couldn't do very well on my NSX because of the age. I think rates right now are crappy in general.

I just look at capital one's website...you might want to take a closer look (unless you're credit is not that good)
http://capitalone.com/autoloans/index.php?linkid=WWW_0206_AUTO_03_HOME_R3_02_G_AC1

NSXRIZ said:
Hey guys,
I think I am getting very close to purchasing a pre-owned NSX (an '04), and doing some research on where to go online. I have tried a few credit unions as others have suggested, but it appears that I cannot meet their membership requirements (I don't work for state or federal agencies or other companies they have listed). Looking online, people suggest capital one, but there rates are 7.9% (which seems high to me) for a pre-owned car but their process is pretty pain free. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can possibly get a loan cheaper? My credit score is very good (from what I have been told) so that should be a non-issue, and I own my other cars and my only "debt" is my home mortgage.
Thanks in advance guys for the advice, looking forward to being a contributing member of the forum!!

How about a HELOC? there are some tax benefit to using a HELOC.

Back