Suggestions Needed, please.

Hello.

I am a young NSX enthusiast, have been for six years when I turned 16 and got my first car (a mustang) and then saw an NSX the next day. Well, that's when I knew I was going to have to get my own NSX when I had enough cash! Since then, I've been saving and keeping my eyes open (all over the US) for the perfect NSX. I currently am leasing a boring CIVIC, but am on the verge of returning my lease and getting into an NSX.

Now, of course, I can not afford the new NSX's, which I could, but I'm not too dissapointed as I've known for sometime that when I'm ready I'm going to purchase a 91-94 NSX, hopefully black.

I need suggestions as to where I can get the best deal on a used NSX that is in mint condition. Has anyone seen any steals lately? Anyone know anybody selling one? And any suggestions, advice, or even persuasions upon buying an older NSX would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks friends!

NSX on!

ryan
morosa

I have a 91 Red/Black with just over 55k and is cherry stock. Would take anything over $35k. It is abouslty a garage queen. Think about it and email me if you are interested. If you want cherry and clean, look no futher because the only way to get one is from someone like myself. Happy hunting. It took me some time and from coast to coast to find mine. Not many like it. Watch out for mods, means to me it has been dogged some.

Originally posted by morosa:
I need suggestions as to where I can get the best deal on a used NSX that is in mint condition. Anyone know anybody selling one? And any suggestions, advice, or even persuasions upon buying an older NSX would be greatly appreciated!

First and foremost, read the FAQ thoroughly, and then read lots of the posts here on the forum from people who have asked the same question. Your question is pretty well documented. (hint: "search" is your friend...) I'm not trying to blow you off, but lots of people have written much better answers to this than I could summarize here. Just go read 'em.
smile.gif

Now, what generates lots of discussion on this board, is what makes up the best deal, and good prices. I'll shoot from the hip here, but early year NSXs sell for between $25k and $35k, depending almost solely on condition and mileage. The common range seems to be $29k to $32k.

Obviously, the more "mint" and low mileage you want, you'll be on the higher end of that range. Expect to spend several months searching around, looking for the right car. And, when you find it, don't expect to pay rock-bottom price for it. Expect a fair deal.

My personal advice?
Don't be afraid of mid-mileage, 40k to 80k.
Service & repairs are crucial, inc snap ring & other misc stuff.
Avoid anything that's been wrecked.
Avoid anything with major mods.
You also have to have a daily driver.
Know what you want, get your finances in order, and be an educated buyer.
There's always another one around the corner, so don't feel pressured into buying anything.
When you find the right car, don't be afraid to spend a little more to bring it home.
Don't forget to let other people ride, and let people you trust drive. We sometimes forget how cool it is, and it can totally make a car-guys dreams come true....

And, enjoy! it's fun!

--Ed

First and foremost, read the FAQ thoroughly, and then read lots of the posts here on the forum from people who have asked the same question. Your question is pretty well documented. (hint: "search" is your friend...) I'm not trying to blow you off, but lots of people have written much better answers to this than I could summarize here. Just go read 'em

Point well taken, sorry not to look earlier, I didn't think of it. Also, thanks for the suggestions and your personal opinion! I'm in no rush to get into an NSX, obviously I've already waited for six years and still am looking at the same car when I'm ready! Definetely going to take my time and make sure I get the perfect one for my needs, etc. Thanks again, for the feedback!

UrbanPilot, I would love to come give your NSX the white glove inspection, but I'm not 'quite' ready yet! I'll keep you in mind though for the coming months of my purchase. Thanks for the reply!

Cya.

Ryan

Best way - get involved and join the NSXCA!

Many of us will give you a ride and let you experience the many forms of NSX out there. You have the coupes, T's, bolt on mods, and engine mod cars.

If you can determine the budget, color, mods or no mods, T Top or Coupe, etc from experience you will be better off financially. For instance, many people make modifications such as brakes, sway bars, shocks, springs, and wheels. If the car you buy has these already upgraded and you value them - you will in effect save THOUSANDS off buying and installing them. If you know you are going to keep it stock - then you do not want these things.

Best tip - look first at the cars on this board. They are typically OVER maintained, washed, and loved. There are all the maintenance records and we are all VERY particular on exactly who does the work.

Also - check the classified web sites of cities that are inexpensive to fly to. SWA has cheap flights many places. That way if you find and negotiate a steal, you can fly there and drive it back cheaply.

One more tip - many people on this board are happy to check a car out for you.

Good luck / have fun!!!

------------------
Nick M

91' Red/Black with Many Mods
99' Honda Odyssey with Many Kids

if you ever get over to clearwater I would be happy to give you a ride in my car.after all dont you think you should at least take a ride before even thinking of buying.hell I might even let you drive it.email me if you are going to be in this neck of the woods.btw several of my friends and myself are going to orlando for HIN.are you going?
david

Back