Suggestions For Digital Video Camcorder

Hi

I need to purchase a digital camcorder. Can some of you guys give me suggestions. I have been looking, there are so many on the market.

Any suggestions as to where to purchase (I have been checking out J&R 's web site). I am looking at Sony, but would appreciate current owners input on any brand.

Info on Makes, Models, and Accessories would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Rich :confused:

You can't go wrong with a Sony.

Model names differ here in Australia... but i own a 2nd-from-bottom low-end mini-dv Sony and it's very good: small, easy to use interface, long-lasting batteries, lots of input-outputs, and most importantly - a great picture quality.

If you have $$$ to throw about, the Sony 3-chip broadcast quality DV camera's are out of this world!!! :eek: Totally incredible quality.

hope this helps.

Hey Rich,

I have been using a Canon Elura for a few years now including having it mounted in the car for track events. I am very satisfied with it and would recommend the current Elura model.

Bob

Thanks, since my post I have done some research.

I have read positives on the Sony DCR TVR 33 (2.5 screen) and DCR TRV 38 (3.5 Screen). Both these are new DV models.

I have also come across the DVD models Sony DCR DVD 100 and 200. These have a mini DVDs that can be played on most DVD player. Sounds cool!!

Does anyone have info comparing the DVD models to DV models??

Bob, I will spend today checking out the Cannon models.

Thanks any other help would be appreciated.

Rich

I think there all pretty much the same depends what your looking to use it for.I would definitly find one with a fire wire output and image stabilizer built in and some have wind noise cancellation features.The high end digital video cams also have three CCD pick ups built in as opposed to the consumer models that only have one. Im using a JVC GRDVM96 because of its size and features.Any of the sony DCR-pc series DV cams are the equivelant of this and if your doing nite shooting in low light you may want to consider the sony because of the night shot feature which is exculsive to there cams......mine has a feature called nite alive which is not as effective for nite illumination but still works well.Pricegrabber.com is the price search site i use to do my shopping as well so good hunting Rich..........Bailey