Subwoofer

Quite a few steps:

1. Remove the grill, which just pops off
2. Remove the back center console where the USB connector is. There are two screws under the rubber mat, then pull up to release the front push fasteners.
3. There are six screws that hold the center console cover, then two more on the sides under the cover.
4. Remove the trim piece at the top of the firewall. There are 4 push fasteners.
5. Remove the two side trim pieces along the carpet. Each has 3 push fasteners.
6. Remove the firewall carpet. There are 7 push fasteners along the top.

The subwoofer will now be fully exposed. You might have to take off the bracket along the top of the firewall to remove it.

Disclaimer, i have not done this procedure, but these are the steps summarized from Honda Service Express, which is really great and worth every penny if you are working on the car. For the interior, it helps you know where there are screws vs push connectors so you don't break any trim.

Last edited:
Thank you!! I am a bit scared with the grill..I pulled very hard and it didn't budge. Just feels like it's going to break.

Quite a few steps:

1. Remove the grill, which just pops off
2. Remove the back center console where the USB connector is. There are two screws under the rubber mat, then pull up to release the front push fasteners.
3. There are six screws that hold the center console cover, then two more on the sides under the cover.
4. Remove the trim piece at the top of the firewall. There are 4 push fasteners.
5. Remove the two side trim pieces along the carpet. Each has 3 push fasteners.
6. Remove the firewall carpet. There are 7 push fasteners along the top.

The subwoofer will now be fully exposed. You might have to take off the bracket along the top of the firewall to remove it.

Disclaimer, i have not done this procedure, but these are the steps summarized from Honda Service Express, which is really great and worth every penny if you are working on the car. For the interior, it helps you know where there are screws vs push connectors so you don't break any trim.

Thank you!! I am a bit scared with the grill..I pulled very hard and it didn't budge. Just feels like it's going to break.

Acura definitely has some really good fasteners. I just tried it and found that the bottom seems easier to get it started. Get under it with your fingers about an inch from either side and use even pressure until it pops, then do the tops. It will go from "this is never coming off" to "pop it's off". There is no in between.

Why do you want access to the sub? Are you replacing just it or upgrading the entire system?

Back