Subaru Forester 2.5 Turbo

Did any one see the current issue of Car and Driver. They ran the Subaru Forester 2.5 Turbo to 60mph in 5.1 secs. and the quarter mile I believe in 13.7 secs. at 97 mph (someone please clarify) Regardless, pretty staggering numbers for a Forester ??:rolleyes:

I read the article a few days ago. That thing is pretty impressive, for a "regular" Subaru.

But (as the article mentioned) I'm not sure how it fits into Subaru's line-up, since the WRX is available in wagon. Then again, I doubt anyone is going to complain about a manf turbo'ing more cars from the factory. :D

As far as the low 1/4 mile mph... I suspect the mph is lower than the ET would suggest because the car is AWD (launches quicker than 2WD).

having driven both a wrx wagon and a "regular" forester, I think the car will fit nicely in the lineup.

the forester feels much bigger and spacious than the wrx wagon does. on paper, the differences in cargo and passenger capacity don't seem material (something like 4 or 5 cubic feet) but in the real world, I think the more upright back end of the Forester makes for a much more usable storage space.

in addition, the forester, at least imo, is a much nicer vehicle to look at and avoids the boy racer image that he wrx is trying so hard to achieve.

but that's just my 2 cents.

i'm hard pressed to find anything wrong with a manufacturer bringing that much performance and utility to market for that kind of dollar price. if i were in the market for a small ute (crv, rav4, escape) i know the forester turbo would be at the top of my list to check out.

Back