Stupid Ricers...

So i was coming home from dropping my girlfriend off last night in park city. Driving along the highway doing my 65 and minding my own buisness. This riced out cavalier pulls up next to me and starts revving it up, slamming the gas then hitting the brakes. This goes on for like 10 minutes. Then this blue stratus R/T pulls up next to him, now theres 3 of us all next to each other blocking the highway. The cavalier and stratus are revvin it up and slamming the gas/slamming the brakes waiting for me to race them. I just kept on going my 65 and heading home. Then they both fly off onto the 54 offramp and both flip me off as they leave :rolleyes:

What a bunch of idiots.

I would say that happens to me about 15-20% of the time I'm out with the nsx,and it is a royal pita.

envy:wink:

Consider the source...

So i was coming home from dropping my girlfriend off last night in park city. Driving along the highway doing my 65 and minding my own buisness. This riced out cavalier pulls up next to me and starts revving it up, slamming the gas then hitting the brakes. This goes on for like 10 minutes. Then this blue stratus R/T pulls up next to him, now theres 3 of us all next to each other blocking the highway. The cavalier and stratus are revvin it up and slamming the gas/slamming the brakes waiting for me to race them. I just kept on going my 65 and heading home. Then they both fly off onto the 54 offramp and both flip me off as they leave :rolleyes:

What a bunch of idiots.

Congratulation!!! you won the race :biggrin:

Cavalier and a Dodge....

So can a Cavalier really qualify as a ricer car?

Oater? Wheater? Corner?

Just wondering.

So can a Cavalier really qualify as a ricer car?

Oater? Wheater? Corner?

Just wondering.

I guess RICER can be applied to any car that is modified in such way where no power gains are achieved.

I recently determined that the late Ford Mustangs (95-05) were the only TRUE ricer cars. They came pre-riced straight from the factory with fake side scoops and hood scoop. The only one that was functional was on the Cobra. So, Mustangs, IMO, take the cake for true poser mobiles.

I'll share my kill story of the day. :wink:

I was heading down the five the other night in the number three lane in a race car; cruise control around 80mph. A red civic struggles to gain ground through traffic.. then pulls up next to me, and revs it up.

However, all I hear is a very loud, pronounced, knocking sound- perhaps a rod. Ok. :confused:

As he paces me over the next few miles... he continues to accelerate, and brake, and accelerate.... prodding me to race him.

Finally, he gives it one last stab on the throttle... and off he goes quiet into the night. In my rear view I see the dim head lights fade off into the distance. Vehicle quiet and lifeless.

:cool:

So here's my question: Is that technically a DNS or DNF, or is their some other street lingo?

In that situation i usually ignore them til they leave

or give a little "shoo!" hand gesture and laugh...that really pisses them off :biggrin:

Should one not be on the lane closer to the hard shoulder when driving unless overtaking?

Anyways, well done for not racing them.

Cheers,

Ary

All right, here's my story.

Travelling north on 19th Avenue in San Francisco one night, a riced-up 'stang pulled along beside me, accelerating, braking... you know the routine. Then we entered the Golden Gate Park where there are a couple of nice 90 degree turns. Without breaking the speed limit, I passed him at the first turn, but he floored it in the straight section, only to be caught by me at the next turn, and I was doing the speed limit through all this.

Then, he pulled beside me at the red light. I took a glance at him, leading him to think that I was ready to race. As the light turned green, he took off. I waited a couple of second before engaging the clutch, to allow the flashing blue lights to go after him.

I won. :biggrin:

All right, here's my story.

Travelling north on 19th Avenue in San Francisco one night, a riced-up 'stang pulled along beside me, accelerating, braking... you know the routine. Then we entered the Golden Gate Park where there are a couple of nice 90 degree turns. Without breaking the speed limit, I passed him at the first turn, but he floored it in the straight section, only to be caught by me at the next turn, and I was doing the speed limit through all this.

Then, he pulled beside me at the red light. I took a glance at him, leading him to think that I was ready to race. As the light turned green, he took off. I waited a couple of second before engaging the clutch, to allow the flashing blue lights to go after him.

I won. :biggrin:

Nice "Story".

Another real life "kill story" except in a C5 Vette.

Rolling down the main drag through town in Colorado Springs one night, my buddy in his C5 gets ran up on by a small group of ricers, camaros, trans ams and mustang. He's minding his business when he ends up front lined up with a ricer and another V8 at the red light. They rev and rev at him. He keeps his cool. Light turns green, everyone races off. He sees red and blue flashing in his mirror. Thinking the cop was going after the other guy, he pulls over because you have to for red/blue. To his surprise, the cop stops behind him. Writes him a ticket for exhibition of speed and a slew of other offenses the cop could brew up. Cop takes off, buddy goes home. Oh did I mention my buddy in the vette never did a THING wrong, not even revved or anything? The cop just assumed it was his vette doing the revving and trying to race because of the V8 revving sounds he heard.

Ricers 1
Innocent Bystander 0

Another real life "kill story" except in a C5 Vette.

Rolling down the main drag through town in Colorado Springs one night, my buddy in his C5 gets ran up on by a small group of ricers, camaros, trans ams and mustang. He's minding his business when he ends up front lined up with a ricer and another V8 at the red light. They rev and rev at him. He keeps his cool. Light turns green, everyone races off. He sees red and blue flashing in his mirror. Thinking the cop was going after the other guy, he pulls over because you have to for red/blue. To his surprise, the cop stops behind him. Writes him a ticket for exhibition of speed and a slew of other offenses the cop could brew up. Cop takes off, buddy goes home. Oh did I mention my buddy in the vette never did a THING wrong, not even revved or anything? The cop just assumed it was his vette doing the revving and trying to race because of the V8 revving sounds he heard.

Ricers 1
Innocent Bystander 0

Did your buddy get a moving violation? I would be totally pissed off if I were him.

I don't remember the exact details. It's been about 3 years now. I do know it was several offenses. In colorado springs, they'll try to take on as many offenses as possible so that when you goto court, you'll still get raped by the court even after they drop most of the offenses. I think colorado worked on a 16 point license system. I've known a few guys who have racked up an easy 12-21 point infractions in one stop.

thats horrible, i would have made them bring the dashboard camera from the car to court, which is what i should have done when i got my last ticket:rolleyes: if you can even have that done? because cops will lie about "small" details:rolleyes: i just need to get a vid camera in my car so i can record the full conversation:biggrin:

Back