Strangest Comparison EVAR ?!?!?!

lol @ the guy who said it would take him all of one second to decide on the Nova.

He must have driven Novas from high school until present day...

I drove our 2000 Accord today and even IT felt like complete mush compared to the NSX.

i like how they say put a fart pipe on the nsx. since when did the nsx sound like it has a fart cannon?

NSX, no question about it.

I don't understand how you can be comparing these cars. I just assumed if you like one you wouldn’t ever consider the other car.

Since I already have the NSX...if I had room and extra cash, that NOVA looks very clean and would be a nice car to add to the stable. Can't go wrong with either. Just depends if the person is more of a classic muscle car type, or a more modern sportscar type.

I read an interesting article about Musclecar values last week...

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/old-muscle-car-bubble-about-to-burst/

With the economic downturn, recession, depression, or whatever you want to call it, we already know that new car sales are taking a long vacation from existence. And cars like the Ferraris and Alfa 8Cs of the world shouldn’t have too much trouble selling, since there are still millions of millionaires. But how about the muscle cars? By and large, the boom in muscle car prices was the result of nostalgic shoppers, laying out significant - but not exorbitant - sums for the dreamcars of their youths. We’re talking about people that had been buying and selling drivable muscle cars in the $20k to $50k range, not just the Barret-Jackson shopping insanity. With financial “gurus” like Jim Cramer telling punters to cash-out all their investments, we can expect a glut of reasonable condition cars on the market, as folks look to pick up more money before the storm. And then consider that in the context of a hugely reduced buyers’ market: how many people are looking for five-figure toys these days? I’m far from an expert, but I’d guess we will see something on the order of a 60 percent drop in the market values of cars like Camaros, Mustangs, Chevelles, and Pontiacs. The rarer and collectible models will no doubt fare better, as these tend to go to buyers that do more polishing and less driving (if ever). While some sellers may decide to hang on to their cars because there are so few buyers, there will still be plenty of cars on the market. It’s a buyer’s opportunity, no doubt about that. If, like me, you’ve ever just wanted an AMC AMX in the driveway, the next few years might be the time, should you be employed.

What is the point of posting that? Well, it refutes the idea of purchasing a Nova as a stronger "investment" which is a key piece to several arguments i read in the OP...

Philip

My folks had a Nova back in the day, and it was the biggest, most unreliable POS I have ever, ever, EVER had the misfortune to ride in. As a kid I thought breaking down, backfiring, dropping parts onto the road, or limping home at 10 MPH was normal, that all cars naturally sucked big time.
What do you call it when you turn off the car and it keeps “running?” Ours held the record. It would do that for minutes at a time and stunk like hell, too.
To this day, when we see a junk car on the street that should have been crushed 30 years ago, we say, “Well, at least it’s not a Nova.” I’d rather ride a unicycle and juggle to get where I’m going. At least I’d look cooler. And the retards in that thread that chose the worst car ever made over the best car ever made have absolutely no credibility with me.
Hey. I never rant. I feel better.:cool:

My folks had a Nova back in the day, and it was the biggest, most unreliable POS I have ever, ever, EVER had the misfortune to ride in. As a kid I thought breaking down, backfiring, dropping parts onto the road, or limping home at 10 MPH was normal, that all cars naturally sucked big time.
What do you call it when you turn off the car and it keeps “running?” Ours held the record. It would do that for minutes at a time and stunk like hell, too.
To this day, when we see a junk car on the street that should have been crushed 30 years ago, we say, “Well, at least it’s not a Nova.” I’d rather ride a unicycle and juggle to get where I’m going. At least I’d look cooler. And the retards in that thread that chose the worst car ever made over the best car ever made have absolutely no credibility with me.
Hey. I never rant. I feel better.:cool:

when a car keeps on running after the engine is shut off, its called "dieseling" and i love the rather ride a unicycle part. that part is gold!!!

I frequent that forum and could not bring myself to post on that thread. Believe me, there are so many haters of anything other than vettes over there that it makes no sense to try and make them believers on any other cars and you can easily get caught up in some bashing, name calling adolescent debate with someone whom knows absolutely NOTHING about what they are talking about. I love the foolish line..."add a fart pipe and you are done!" That being said....we all know which car I would choose!!:biggrin:

I dont understand how someone could love arriving to places smelling like burnt gas....:confused: I have both cars and I would NEVER NEVER NEVER choose a muscle car over an nsx.period!:biggrin:

Last edited:
I frequent that forum and could not bring myself to post on that thread. Believe me, there are so many haters of anything other than vettes over there that it makes no sense to try and make them believers on any other cars and you can easily get caught up in some bashing, name calling adolescent debate with someone whom knows absolutely NOTHING about what they are talking about. I love the foolish line..."add a fart pipe and you are done!" That being said....we all know which car I would choose!!:biggrin:

I think that's a common theme on a lot of forums. I frequent a few car forums and it’s always the same thing. One guy bashes a car somebody likes and it starts a huge flame war.
Why can’t people just understand that what they like isn’t what everybody else likes?!

Last edited:
the only reason for the nsx bashing is because its a jap car. American muscle fans are upset the japs and italians took over in the past 30yrs.

I frequent that forum and could not bring myself to post on that thread. Believe me, there are so many haters of anything other than vettes

I think it's kind of fun over there. When times are slow, they start bashing eachother too. C5>C4, C6 driver didn't wave at me, Are floor mats really a mod?

Good times. :biggrin:

I almost chose a 1968 Camaro over the nsx. Only problem was I wanted to upgrade to a modern C5 Z06 drivetrain for reliability and all together would have costed more than I wanted to spend.

Back in 1974 my brother had a '69 Nova SS with a 427 and automatic that had been set up to drag race. Nothing touched that car. It routinely beat 11 seconds at the 1/4 mile when running slicks. Car never broke, smoked, leaked or anything. That was one hell of a car. Yet, despite that I love the NSX too.

I sold this:
eds69camaro1.jpg

To get this:
IMG_0377.JPG

I do kind of miss my Camaro though...it would pull the front tires and got 5 miles to the gallon. Ahh, the memories.

I think that's a common theme on a lot of forums. I frequent a few car forums and it’s always the same thing. One guy bashes a car somebody likes and it starts a huge flame war.
Why can’t people just understand that what they like isn’t what everybody else likes?!

well, u are right. just like EVO vs STI. they are pretty same. but u can find huge debates about that comparison. EVO fans bash STI fans. STI fans will bash EVO fans. LOL. endless.

i like how they say put a fart pipe on the nsx. since when did the nsx sound like it has a fart cannon?

They're not saying that the NSX sounds like it has a fart cannon, just pointing out that fart cans are popular with the "import scene," or whatever you want to call it, and associate that with the NSX. I don't like the association, but this forum contains plenty of evidence that the NSX is not immune from fart-can implants and other downgrades that fit the stereotype.

They're not saying that the NSX sounds like it has a fart cannon, just pointing out that fart cans are popular with the "import scene," or whatever you want to call it, and associate that with the NSX. I don't like the association, but this forum contains plenty of evidence that the NSX is not immune from fart-can implants and other downgrades that fit the stereotype.

I think this will happen to any car when it depreciates to a point young kids can afford to purchase them.

A kid on the LotusTalk forum, installed LCD T.V.s in the back of the headrests on his Elise. And you would think the Elise/Exige would be immune to the poseur crowd, I guess not!

Back