Stolen/missing in transit: VIN JH4NA2163VT000242

I have been waiting for three weeks for Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS) to send my car from Oregon to Northern Virginia. For the past week, DAS has told me that it would be delivered that day.

The story is long but my immediate concern is about my car. I would really appreciate it if you all could keep an eye out for VIN JH4NA2163VT000242. Last known location was at the DAS terminal in NJ, I believe in Newark. It is a 1997 Spa Yellow that has been owned by my family since the window sticker was on the car. Purchased in Portland, OR. When it entered DAS's control it had 33,206 miles and was nearly perfect.

As of the day it was supposed to be delivered, straight from New Jersey, DAS told me that they couldn't reach the driver but that he was coming and would contact me.

After two days without any contact or DAS's ability to contact the driver, the "driver" called me and told me his truck broke down ~100 miles away and needed a repair (Wednesday). I then have his mobile number. After that, by texts, he told me the part came but was used and they needed a new one (Thursday). Then the new part came but the mechanic didn't work on Fridays (Friday). Then my NSX was on a trailer but the trailer got a flat tire (Monday). Finally I called the number about ten times in a row and he answered and said he was about 40 min. away. That was the last I heard.

Since last night I have done some digging. I managed to talk to the "driver's" father, who I heard call the driver in the background. Supposedly the driver told his father that he had delivered all the cars.

Driver who said he had the car: Eric Hutchinson, 908-258-2855. Eric is a DJ.

Eric's father, who is in touch with Eric, 862-438-2017.

Eric supposedly works for Keith Hutchinson; I spoke with Keith's dad, Keith Sr., is in Florida right now but owns Hutch Fuel Oil in Newark. He did not know how to get in touch with Keith and said that Keith changes his cell phone number a lot.

Eric has some relation to Daddyco Trucking, which listed its address as 37 Kenmore Terrace, East Orange NJ 07017. That is a residential address in Newark. The phone numbers listed for Daddyco Trucking are not correct (different business or not a valid number).

Some relevant information online:

Eric:

Daddyco trucking:

I appreciate any help you guys can give me. I may need to look for an NSX to buy! Holy crap this has been the most frustrating thing I have been through.

Ben of Daisy Import Auto Care has been extremely supportive and I still hope I end up with a car for him to look after.

-Jason

Back