still having trouble finding a NSX in HK

damn, 99%of the used NSX is automatic transmission (I want manual)
and if I happened to find a manual one, it is really beat up...(fully modified and abused)

so I tried to find one in Japan, but no luck after I found out the import tax shxt....

ok, a used NSX in HK (like a 1994) would be US$40000
and a used NSX in Japan (1994 model) is also US$40000
the problem is HK import tax for the used NSX from Japan would be 90%, making the car US$76000!!!
I can buy a Porsche 993 Turbo with US$76000.....wtf...

**Why HK drivers buy automatic sports cars!!??
they should buy Mercedes Benz SLK if they want automatic.

If you been reading SCMP, there was a manuel X for sale recently for under HK$ 200k. Not modified as it was advertised. The local Honda/Acura dealer imported both auto/manuel when it was launched here but buyers preference later dictated they import mostly auto. SLK came into this market much later than NSX and sold at 50% less retail. NSX sold very well when it was introduced here, but like all markets, it went downhill as the price point here put it close to Porsche/Ferrari and until recent face-lift, it was deemed as an old car. also the local dealer, DCH, did not support the Acura nameplate. They are interested in doing numbers and Honda Civic/Accord outsold Integras/Legend/Vigor/NSX. I have been an NSX owner since 1991, in TO and now in HK. I think very highly of the NSX, otherwise I would have sold it years ago as parts are expensive and always on back-order from our so-called dealer. Yes, there are manuel NSX. just takes awhile to find a un-abused one and market reality would suggest autos are the best to go and retain its value better on re-sell.
Good luck. BTW, the new SLK 350 is not a bad buy for the bucks. :smile:

chinaboy said:
damn, 99%of the used NSX is automatic transmission (I want manual)
and if I happened to find a manual one, it is really beat up...(fully modified and abused)

so I tried to find one in Japan, but no luck after I found out the import tax shxt....

ok, a used NSX in HK (like a 1994) would be US$40000
and a used NSX in Japan (1994 model) is also US$40000
the problem is HK import tax for the used NSX from Japan would be 90%, making the car US$76000!!!
I can buy a Porsche 993 Turbo with US$76000.....wtf...

**Why HK drivers buy automatic sports cars!!??
they should buy Mercedes Benz SLK if they want automatic.

I do think there are some used manual NSX in the market but you just have to look around and expect to pay premium for a good condition NSX. Take you time, you will find one. Lucky i found mine a year ago and i love it.

sounds weird, my buddy was showing me some nice nsx from Japan, and I knew that if he find buyers, he might have to import it to HK then to US. I didn't get the details but if you are really interested, I might be able to refer you to his connections in HK.

So did they really tax used car from Japan now? I thought they only tax new cars...

NsXMas said:
I sympathize. I was in HK and I saw more Ferraris than NSXs.

I can concur with this. I just got back from Hong Kong last week, my first time there, and I saw quite a few Ferraris parked at my hotel, the Sheraton in Kowloon, and across the street at the Peninsula Hotel. I didn't see one NSX. It seems you have to be pretty well to do in HK to even own a car so there were a vast majority of Benzes, BMWs and Lexus on the streets. I guess if you're wealthy, I heard to buy these cars in HK they cost almost twice as much as what you'd pay in the US, you might as well get a luxury car.

My 99 X was the last one imported by DCH. The last X sold by DCH, though, was a yellow 97-T auto. The 97 X sat in the showroom for ~3 years, and was eventually sold in around year 2000 at a substantial discount.

NsXMas said:
I sympathize. I was in HK and I saw more Ferraris than NSXs.

Of course you did. I see more Ferraris than NSXes right here in Boca Raton, FL. Come to think of it, I've never been in a city that was any other way. :tongue:

I was in HK a month ago and saw at least 4 NSXs. 2 black, one red and one silver. I don't think it is that hard to find a manual one. Have you checked with Henry or Leslie to see if they know anyone selling?
Steve

vsx said:
Bought new
9,000 odd kms
No mods
Full DCH service records
Please e-mail me if interested: [email protected]

oh...thx!
it is too new for me (but I will think about it)

but hey, you know what...things get better this month..
suddenly there are many 92-95 models going on sales..
so I am checking now.

whiteNSXs said:
I was in HK a month ago and saw at least 4 NSXs. 2 black, one red and one silver. I don't think it is that hard to find a manual one. Have you checked with Henry or Leslie to see if they know anyone selling?
Steve

THX, if I still cannot find a manual one...I will ask you to help

damn..I almost can buy a red NSX...(1991)
but some guy bought it before me.....**it is a manual..
and the worst thing, I saw the new owner driving the car in front of me yesterday!! (we were going to the same direction) :frown: .....such good sound, and performance....
the car is in good condition! shxt....

**the dealer only has a silver automatic NSX left, and it has this ugly bodykit...(and most likely it is a mod car.....not interested at all

nsxhk said:
I think a '99 is way out of chinaboy's budget.

the price for a 1999 model, I would buy a F355 instead, sorry, but I won't pay more than HK$250,000 for a NSX. (thats about US$30000)

**and anything above US$30000, it would definitely be a Porsche instead

Last edited:
Back