Stereo Install Completed! Take a Look!

Well this was my winter project from January through March when the NSX Would make it back on the street. I have just been enjoying summer so much that I never took the time to take some pictures of the installation and let you guys check out my handy work!!

Equipment List.

Alpine
7996 DVD Source Player
PXA-H700 EQ
I POD Adaptor
TME-M770 Touch Screen
Black Bird Navigation Unit

Phoenix Gold
Titanium 600.2 Sub Amp 600 watts x1
Titanium 600.2 Component Amp 150 watts x 2
20 Farad Power Core Capacitor and distribution center
TiDD Volt Meter

Speakers
A/D/S/ A6IS Speakers (1997 versions.. the good ones)
JL 10w0 Subwoofer (looking for an A/D/S/ RS10 DVC Sub)

Installation Components
Tool Box Version 1
JDM Navigation Pod
Custom CNC Screen Mount for NAV pod
SOS Radio Delete Fiberglass Dash Replacement Panel
Custom redone trunk with Black carpet and NEON Back lit lights when trunk opens.
Back Up Camera License Plate Frame

Extras
K40 Laser/Radar detector built in
extra 12v plug in Glove Box

NSXSpring4.jpg

NSXINSTALL0122.jpg

NSXINSTALL0116.jpg

NSXNAV5.jpg

NSXNAV3.jpg

NSXNAV2.jpg

NSXNAV4.jpg

NSXINSTALL0127.jpg

NSXINSTALL0126.jpg

NSXINSTALL0125.jpg

NSXINSTALL0107.jpg

NSXINSTALL0108.jpg

NSXINSTALL0124.jpg

I pod connection fits perfect and the wire is hidden when the arm rest is down or up!
NSXINSTALL0130.jpg

Wire tapped into the alternator- did not want to mess with huge 0awg in the fuse box!
NSXINSTALL0132.jpg

K40 Dash warning lights (left is front, right is rear)
NSXINSTALL0129.jpg

NSXINSTALL0128.jpg

NSXSpring9.jpg

Audio Vox Back up camera. Works really good and is almost invisable when standing and looking at the car.
DSC_0001.jpg

Last edited:
Damn nice........Very clean install..I am in process of my stereo, everyone seems to be going double din installs. I think the double head units ,look nice too!!!:smile:

i 've got a complete stereo system in the garage with a nav unit, tht i have yet to install. Is that the bet the nav pod will fit on the dash? was it easier to install 2 din units over the double din? Looks nice.

This is one sweet, very sharp looking install !!! Did you make the centre console piece your self?

Ian

Ian, this was a SOS console replacement so it came assembled with the AC/ handbrake and Shifter Cut out. I had to drill 4 holes for the Climate Control Fan and create mounting brackets on the back side of it for the factory parts to reconnect to the console and make it all work right. The hardest cut out was the double din because it was larger and overlaped the shoty fit of the SOS part and I had to cut it in half where the cut out was larger than the SOS Part and use some small 1"x8Xsteel plates to make it strong enough to hold up to daily use. This is what took the longest of anything and really almost drove me to tears.. LOL

The fit and finish of the part from SOS was really not great at all (infact it sucked) and I had to widen the whole part by 1/4 inch, (1/8 on each side) to make it look right, in the coming winter I am going to modify the top of it so the nav pod sits more flush as well as the volt meter, right now it sits up a little bit as you can see from the pics!

Thanks for the complements. It took me a while and I like how it turned out!

Nice work, I'm in the middle of doing almost the same:smile:
Hope to post my finished car soon:rolleyes:

where did you put the dock for the blackbird?

Looks great. You have skills!

Is your rear view camera in your trunk keyhole?

Back Up Camera License Plate Frame

top of thread:smile:

I have the Vision VTL300 on my project.:smile:

How is the sound compared to stock?

How did you mount your JDM Pod?
Did you use screws?

It is not mounted yet, This coming winter I have to do some minor work on the console part to make it fit just right. Even though with 3k miles of driving It has not moved from its pressure fitted location and i dont' know if I want to screw into the dash... So if it bugs me and starts coming loose all the time I will lock it down or find a way to snug it down with out using screws in the dash:eek:

It is not mounted yet, This coming winter I have to do some minor work on the console part to make it fit just right. Even though with 3k miles of driving It has not moved from its pressure fitted location and i dont' know if I want to screw into the dash... So if it bugs me and starts coming loose all the time I will lock it down or find a way to snug it down with out using screws in the dash:eek:

Someone, I forget who, used double sided tape. I thinking about making a plate the same shape as the forward edge and silconing it to the bottom of the screw bases then using 2 inch velcro tape.

:eek:

SICK!!!

all I want is my pos oem head unit to work:confused: would you happen to have one for sale???:tongue:

pm if so:smile:

Looks really nice. Not a fan of pulling amp power directly from the alternator. It might give you alternator whine and stress the alternator. But other then that good job.

very creative project.......well done! thumbs up !

You know you can never go wrong with Alpine!

Very good work my friend!!!!

Great looking install.
Any pics of the mounted license frame camera would be appreciated.

Boyo Vision VTL-300

Attachments

• Rich_NSX_Plate.jpg
    Rich_NSX_Plate.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 238
Back